Chapter 21

After Connor and Evan had finished the spaghetti, they went to his room and decided to play on his Xbox. And much to my dismay, the only games he had were Minecraft, Halo, Arkham Knight, and some Lego games. Evan didn't want to seem like a kid, so he completely refused playing the Lego games.

"Then what do you want to play?" Connor sprawled across his purple bean bag chair like a starfish. His other bean bag was currently occupied by the other human in the room.

"Uh, I don't know," Evan admitted, fidgeting with the controller, "You can choose."

He groaned, rolling onto his stomach. "Ev, just choose, I don't care."

"But I don't... I don't care either?" 

Connor got up, sighing, before opening his door. "Zoe! What game should I play?"

The reply came just as enthusiastic. "I don't care, do whatever you want! Wait, actually, play Minecraft, and blow up stuff or something."

Apparently satisfied with the result, Connor jumped back onto the beanbag. "Minecraft it is." He opened the game but a notification popped up, saying there needed to be an update.

Evan set down the controller on the wooden floor. "So now what?" He asked, defeated. "It's updating really slowly." Two minutes had passed and it was still at one percent.

"I guess we waste time," Connor suggested, shrugging. As sat up, he winced. "Frick, strained my neck."

Evan walked to Connor's bed, grabbed the first pillow he saw and tossed it to Connor. "Here."

To their suprise, the pillow dropped right onto Connor's face and stayed there for a few silent seconds before Connor tore it off with a grin. "Oh, you're on!" The pillow sliced through the air, collapsing on Evan's chest.

Evan's eyes shined as a faint smile spread across his face. He took handfuls on pillows, consecutively throwing each at his target, who braced for impact.

Connor picked up a pillow off of the floor and ran toward Evan. "I declare war!"

"Your declaration is.. the declaration has been accepted!" Evan sidestepped, letting Connor crash into the side of the bed. Luckily, the pillow had absorbed most of the impact.

"Hansen, how could you?!" Connor mocked a gasp, turning to his boyfriend. "What sorcery is this?"

"It's the power of trees!!" Taking advantage of the temporary distraction, the blond threw the blanket over Connor, like a net before tackling him to the ground. "Hah!"

Connor thrashed around, trying to find an opening. "This is not the end! I shall find a way!"

Of course, no way was Evan going to let him win. Evan pinned down all edges of the blanket to the floor so Connor wouldn't be able to lift the blanket up. "You- uh, prepare to meet your doom!"

"I shall not surrender to the forces of trees!" From under the blanket, Connor pushed upwards, trying to break through.

"Nature is superior!" Even though Connor wouldn't be able to see, Evan grinned. "Surrender now, or the trees shall consume you!"

Connor refused. "Never! Darkness shall overtake all!" He floundered around helplessly underneath the blankets. 

"You must surrender! Nature will not be kind without surrender!" Evan continued to press the edges down.

The brunet groaned. "Fine! Just let me out!" Softer, he said, "It's getting really stuffy in here."

Evan's eyes widened as he quickly grabbed the top of the blanket and pulled it off of Connor's head. Immediately, Connor gasped for fresh air. The blanket had become extremely suffocating  from humidity and too much carbon dioxide trapped inside.