Chapter 15

Tw: Anxiety attack and suicidal thoughts, suicide attempt mentioned (Warnings + summary are added, so don't force yourself to read if it might be unsafe)

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

3rd person Pov

So today is supposed to be one of Connor's hospital check ups. And he just remembered.

Apparently once you get amnesia, they want to keep track of whether you're remembering anything new from the past or stuff.

Which is incredibly stupid.

What if you suddenly remembered that you had sex with a guy? Would you really tell them that? And they'd probably ask what exactly happened.

Or maybe you used to deal weed? Would you really tell them the whole process? Just to get in jail?

Yeah, he didn't think so.

And just his luck, the appointment was during school.

Yes, Connor gets to miss school, but he f*cking forgot to bring the note that says he gets early dismissal.

So here there he was, sitting in English, not even paying attention to the stuff Mr. Heere/Jeremy's even saying.

"Connor?"

Dammit.
His eyes meet the board, scanning for whatever clue might be there. "Uhh, page nine?" Or was that four?

"I was calling attendance," Jeremy sighed, checking the name off.

A few little sh*ts snickered, so Connor just glared at them. Anyways, what kind of teacher takes attendance in the middle of class?

Mr. Heere eventually finished calling attendance, so now he was passing out sheets of paper to each row. "For this project, you guys are allowed to work in pairs."

Great, guess he'll be independent then. All the kids here suck.

Connor eyed the paper warily as he took one. Societal Issues Project. Society already has tons of issues, we all know half of them by now.

"You have two options for the project," Mr. Heere informed. "You can either write a 5-page essay in MLA Format, or you may write a creative story with the perspective of someone experiencing one of the issues that are listed on the back. The story has to be at least 5 pages as well."

Yeah, no way is Connor writing a 5-page essay. But his writing skills can be shown on paper. A blank piece of paper. Also known as, non-existent.

On the back of the paper, one of the categories is 'Mental Health'. Maybe he could choose one of those subtopics. Then Connor could just write an exaggerated autobiography.

"Mr. Heere!" A girl raised her hand after her voice nearly killed his ears. She was the same girl who told Connor to .... 'kick the bucket' earlier today in first period. Now it's third period, and he's stuck with her again.

"Yes?"

She continued in that obnoxious voice. "What if I don't want to work with anyone here?"

"Why is that?" Mr. Heere seemed blind to her annoyingness.

"Everyone here hates me," She stated, frowning.

Connor accidentally snorted, trying to suppress his smile. No sh*t, Sherlock. That's what you get for being snobby with a whole layer of make-up caked on your face.

"I'm sure they don't," Mr. Heere denied, probably trying to make her feel better. "Does everyone already have partners set up?"

The whole class except for Connor, nodded.