Chapter 12

Connor's pov

My alarm blasted in my ears. Zoe had apparently set it on the siren sound.

I bolted up trying to unlock my phone,  but for some stupid reason, it wasn't working and I had disabled it for a minute.  With the siren still wailing.

"Are you kidding me?" I muttered, slipping my phone under the door of Zoe's room.

Her prank, her problem.

As I pulled a random shirt out of my drawer and slipped it on, something happened in Zoe's room,  causing a thud.

"Connor! Turn off your alarm!"

I smirk to myself. "Sorry, I can't hear you over the alarm you set!"

Zoe mumbled something I couldn't catch and the alarm eventually stopped.   She stumbled into my room half asleep before bursting out into laughter. "Oh geez,  Connor!"

"What?" I shot her a glare, puting some white socks on.

"Your.." She wheezes between laughs as Zoe clutched her stomach, "Your shirt!"

"What about my shirt?" I glanced down and.... yeah. How did I even get this shirt?!

It was salmon pink. A high contrast to the monochrome colours I wore typically. And yet, somehow, out of the fifteen other shirts in my dresser, my subconscious chose this one.

"You haven't worn that one in a while," Zoe commented.

"When did I ever wear this?!" I started to take the shirt off to switch it with one of my many grey ones.

"It's Evan's shirt, so basically, a boyfriend shirt."

I stopped and slipped the shirt back on. Dammit, my face is warm... Connor, don't do this to yourself!!

"You aren't taking it off," she observed slowly, grinning evilly.  Almost like Kinky Kleinman, but less annoying.

Maybe.

I scoff, my cheeks still flushed. "Shut up, it's comfortable."

"Mhm, I bet you find Evan's things very comfortable."

I swear, if her eyebrows got any higher, they would fall right off her head.

"Zoe!" My face was burning, sinceI just thought of something. "Just-! Go! Brush your hair or something!" I shove her out of my room and close the door.

I can still her her laughter from down the hall as I go to the bathroom and start getting ready for school.

I dry my face after washing it, and eyes trail down to the reflection of Evan's shirt.

Now that I think about it, it's kind of like an indirect hug with Evan. His body touched this shirt which is-
NO CONNOR BACK THE FRICK UP!!

Slapping my cheeks bring me out of those realy awkward thoughts.
Let's just blame that on hormones, you know, totally the cause of typical teenage stuff.

I slip on my hoodie and brush my hair, cringing at the crackling static.

"Connor, if you don't come down right now, I'm eating your French toasts!" Zoe calls from the kitchen downstairs.

"Wait!" I stumbled down the stairs, hitting my elbow on the wall when I  turn to run into the kitchen.

Zoe had a fork to her mouth.

"FREEZE, VILE CHILD!" I screamed,  snatching the fork and my plate away from her.

Larry stood there, blinking as Zoe glared daggers at me. "Connor,  yours are on the other side of the table," he informed, pointing to the small stack of French toast.