15

I helped her out of bed the next morning, as usual. She was definitely improving, however slow. With my assistance, she could stand up for a little over a minute and even walk a bit. Nothing had split open so far, much to my relief. 

~~~

Tuesday found us back at the studio. Yoko was there and I didn't like it, but too bad for me I guess. She didn't seem to mind Linda, but she didn't talk to her much. John must have told her. He told her everything, which was unnerving...well, to me at least. I tried to get along with her, I really did, but I couldn't help not liking her, and feeling bad for poor Cyn and Jules.

I didn't tell them what Linda had told me yesterday. I promised to keep that a secret, much to her relief. I hadn't experienced losing a child, but I had lost close family. I had been told it hurt a lot more. I'd heard from neighbours who had gotten into car crashes and a one whose house had burnt, that losing a child was the worst pain in the world.

A few times I would see her staring at the ground, lost in thought. Then she would shiver as she came back to reality, noticing me and forcing a smile as if nothing was wrong. I sighed. 

George had brought in a song called "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" which I thought was very good. Linda loved it.

"I might have Eric play on it," he commented, tightening the strings on his guitar for the second time. "He'd sound good on it,"

~~~

We rode home and stepped inside, then I poured us each a cup of tea. I eased Linda onto the couch and settled down next to her, sitting on my ankle. 

She set her cup on a table beside the couch, frowning. "I don't feel so good,"

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know," she waited a few seconds before adding, "my shoulder hurts.."

I felt sick. Oh, no... no no no no no no no... 

I forgot to buy her new bandages. We hadn't changed them for days.