66

A/N: Okay so I know it's been over a year since I last updated this, but it's the next day in the story heh heh ANYWAYS--
Please stay safe and healthy <3 <3

~~~

She went to bed without too much help, smiled, and said goodnight. I stayed on the couch for a few hours afterwards, just thinking. He probably won't come back for a long time, right? I shuddered as I remembered the ugly popping sound, and I hoped against odds that he would stay away for good this time.

But I knew I couldn't get lucky forever. Linda's nightmares weren't going away either.

How did he find us? Was it the van? It did stick out, but enough to follow?

~~~

Morning came before I knew it, and I found myself still on the couch. Linda was at the stove working on something that smelled delicious.

I rubbed my face before remembering the bruises and gashes.

"Ah!" It made me jump.

"Oh, careful!" She brought breakfast over once she saw I was awake.

She was doing well, physically.

Hot coffee and blueberry pancakes. She really was an angel.

"I hope I didn't wake you up, I was trying to be quiet," she mumbled as she sat down across from me with her own breakfast.

"No, you didn't, love," I assured her. I untangled my legs from a blanket that she must've put on me in the night. How sweet of her!

I took a bite of the fluffy pancake and a blueberry popped in my mouth. It tasted heavenly!

She took a sip of coffee and looked back at me. She frowned and went to the kitchen, coming back with a wet paper towel. "You're bleeding, dear," she explained as she dabbed at my cheek.

"Dear" it echoed in my mind. I tried not to grin, but I just couldn't help it.

"Hey, where's Martha?" she asked, bringing me back to earth. (Phineas and Ferb reference intended)

I shrugged. "I haven't seen her yet. Wait a minute, come with me."

She threw away the towel and followed me into my room, where Martha was stretched out on my bed, drooling on my pillows.

She held a finger to her lips."Shh," She slipped into her room and brought back her camera. She got a few pictures before Martha woke up.

A/N, part II: This is just a filler chapter so I can get back into writing this book. I'll try to do something big with the next few chapters!

My friend MagicMaloo requested I keep going with this book, which was really encouraging! Thank you for your support, Magic!