A Bird Caged

Hawke POV:

Today is my birthday! I turn five and mom said that I get a special present today! I'm just excited that I get to spend all day with two of my favorite people in the whole world, my big sister Yang and my little sister Ruby. Yeah I'm a middle child but that doesn't mean that I'm not loved! Sure my mommy is sometimes mean and aunty Summer doesn't talk to me but my aunt Qrow loves me and so do my sisters!

Ruby: Big bwoter momma says to come down stairs!

Me: Sure thing Ruby I'm just finishing my journal for today!

Ruby: Ok!

I finish my writing and go down stairs for my birthday party

Me: Ok I'm here!

But no one was there, no balloons no cake no mom and no dad!

Me: Mommy? Daddy? Auntie Summer? Yang? Ruby!?

But no. There was no one anywhere.

Me: Maybe they are outside!

I go and look, when I get out to the backyard I see everyone but Auntie Qrow.

Me: There you are I found you!

I look at Yang and Ruby but they are looking down and crying! No who hurt my sisters!? I'll break their freaking neck!!!!

Me: YANG, RUBY! What's wrong who hurt you!?

But they just cried harder. That's when I realize that Mommy is behind me and auntie Summer is to my side with daddy behind my sister.

Me: W-what's going on? Why are Ruby and Yang crying Mommy?

But instead of an answer I was met with a fist

Me: AH

Mom: I am NOT your mother Hawke!

Me: W-what?

I'm in shock first my mommy hits me then she says that she's not my mommy!

Aunt Summer: Yup you're nothing more than a mistake you stupid little freak!

Daddy: Ha! That's right isn't it girls?

Ruby+Yang: R-right y-you're n-nothin more than a stupid ugly monster!

NO, what did I do?

Me: No please mommy, daddy what did I do? Please tell me and I'll fix it!

Neither of them said anything. No words were muttered. I didn't hear anything but my daddy laughing and my sisters crying. Mommy just stood there grinning while aunt Summer was smirking while giving Yang a baseball bat. She whispered something into Yang's ear to quiet for me to hear but Yang's eyes widened in shock and horror as Ruby started to cry harder.

Yang walked towards me while crying and whispering I'm sorry, I'm sorry over and over again.

Me: Y-yang what are you do-

But then she hit me, knocking a tooth out.

Me: W-why?

Again

And again

And again

For twenty minutes I laid there and took the beating my "sister" gave me.

Yang: 'pant' You 'pant' are a good for nothing 'pant' mistake and nothing but a burden to those around you!

No please don't say that.

Ruby walked towards me eyes puffy and cheeks stained with tears. Is she going to help me?

Ruby: Y-you are a w-w-weak loser and nobody w-will e-ever l-lo-love you!

Then she started to kick me. Yang joined in. Then Summer. Then dad. And finally my mother.

They stopped after ten minutes and went back inside. By the time found the strength to go inside it was dark, and the door was locked.

So I went to the shed and stayed in there. Crying myself to sleep. Hoping, praying that this was a nightmare and that I would wake up and it would all be ok... but I never woke up from the nightmare.

TIMESKIP

Qrow POV:

I want to see my son. Today is his birthday after all! I walk up to a certain house on the island of Patch.

 Today is his birthday after all! I walk up to a certain house on the island of Patch

I hope they let me see him, I haven't seen him since Ruby's birthday last year. I think they keep him away from me because of me leaving him....

Me: Ok you can do this Qrow! Just walk up to the door and ask to see your little boy, I'm sure that he wants to see hes "Aunt" Qrow after all.... that hurt to say

'KNOCK KNOCK'

Tai POV:

After having to threaten Ruby's safety just to get the girls to go along with the plan, I was trying to call Yang and Ruby down as Ruby was crying and Yang was rocking in the corner while hyperventilating! I feel guilty that they are taking this so hard but we needed them to beat that mistake up! I mean come on nobody wants him! Not me, Raven, Summer, not even his own mother!

KNOCK KNOCK

Huh who could that be?

Me: I'm gonna go get the door could you watch the girls Summer?

Summer: Sure thing honey!

Now who's behind door number one?

Qrow: H-hey, can I see my little man?

Me: Q-qrow!? W-what are you doing here?

Qrow: I want to see my son!

Me: Well to bad cause he doesn't want top see you!

Qrow: W-wait plea-

I cut her off by slamming the door in her face which to be honest felt really good!

Raven: Who was that sweety?

Me: It was Qrow to check up on the freak!

Raven clearly pales as she remembers that while I'm the strongest member of our former team Qrow was the best fighter and if Qrow found out what we did to her son well we'd be dead or worse!

Raven: R-really? Huh well my sister can go to hell if she thinks that the freak deserves to see her!

Me: I know hun just relax and help Summer with the girls ok?

Raven: Ok!

Huh that little shit out there probably thinks that the pain is over! But it's only getting started...