Vulnerable Isn't Weak

Qrow POV:

The elevator ride felt like it took eons. The looks of pity from two of my closest friends are like daggers, piercing the thin layer of security I had built up around myself. The soft, steady breaths of my granddaughter in my arms are the only comfort I have against all the horrors I had just been witness to.

Me: 'Heh' You ladies want to know somthin'?

Jamie and Glynda look at each other and back to me, before nodding with hesitation.

Me: I knew I was bad luck, but I always wanted a family! I wanted a loving husband, and the adoration of my children....

Glynda: You do have the love of your children.

Me: Glynda, Hawke is my son. My first born son. I want nothing more than to be able to tell him how much I love him....

Jamie: 'Scoff' More like he's your unwanted son! After hearing all of the terrible things that your son went through because YOU couldn't stomach the idea of actually raising him, I doubt he will ever find it in his heart to forgive you!

I can't help but wince at her words. It's true, I left my son in the hands of those I thought trustworthy and left. I went and my guilt eventually brought me to the arms of another man. Gamlen Amell. A pitiful excuse for a man, but at the time he was a young, handsome risk taker. Now he's basically homeless, having gambled away his family wealth and estate. I was so stupid to think that he ever loved me. Now I have three children. My eldest Hawke... and the twins Carver and Bethany.

Glynda goes on to scold Jamie, the ruckus causing the child in my arms to finally awaken from her nap. I quickly whisper-shout for the two to be quiet.

Robin: 'Yawn' What's going on?

Me: Oh, nothin' much kiddo!

Robin: 'Hmm' I sense a bit of insincerity in your voice. Are you quite sure?

Me: 'Oum almighty, where'd this kid get so smart?' Yeah kid, I just found some stuff out that is hard to explain is all.

Robin: Ah, I say that you dust yourself off and find away to fix the problem at the very center of the issue!

The other two and I look at her and we all silently agree to find the location of Hawke and to introduce him to his daughter.

Me: Well Robin, I wanted to ask you something.

Robin looks at me and smiles brightly

Robin: Ask away good madam!

Me: Uh... did your mom... ever tell you... who your dad was?

Robin stops smiling for a moment but quickly brightens up again

Robin: I'm afraid I know nothing of the man, though I would love to meet him. He does have some questions that he needs to answer of course!

Me: You aren't mad at him? Like at all? After missing out on so much?

Robin: Nope! I'm sure he had his reasons for leaving, and while I could be rather furious with him... I merely wish to be able to hug my father and tell him I forgive him!

I'm stunned at her generosity, and her ability to forgive someone who she doesn't even know.

Me: Well how about I take you to him? Would you like to meet him?

Robin suddenly lights up and begins to act almost like Ruby. I guess they are sisters after all.

Glynda: I believe that is a yes.

Me: Jamie, do you see anything on the security cameras?

Jamie: His wife is talking to teams RWBY, CVFY and JNPR in team CVFY's dormroom. They all appear to be in some kind of trance, all red faced and rubbing their thighs together? Just what is happening there?