26 // jimin

When I came into work there next day, Tae was already there, waiting impatiently.

"What's wrong?" I ask, watching as he leaned against the counter with his arms crossed.

"I got here early because I had to train the new kid but no one decided to tell me that he already quit," Tae says, annoyed.

"He quit?? Why?" I ask, feeling a little sad. I was kind of looking forward to getting know him.

"I dunno, Jin hyung said he found a job that pays better," Tae shrugs.

"Hm, maybe that's why he left in such a hurry yesterday," I think. "Maybe he had another interview."

"Yeah, whatever," Tae says. "I still lost an extra hour of sleep."

"Stop being so cranky," I giggle, going to make him some coffee so he can fully wake up.

"Jiminie, can I ask you something," Tae says suddenly.

"Of course," I reply, filling up a quarter of a mug with hot espresso.

"Is it normal for friends to call each other beautiful," he asks shyly.

I hide my smile, knowing he's talking about Hoseok.

"Well that depends on how you mean it," I answer honestly. "I tell you your beautiful all the time."

"No that's different," Tae says shaking his head. "It feels different when he says it."

"In what way?" I ask, filling up the mug with cream and sugar.

"I don't know, it feels nice?" He says, rubbing his neck.

"And it doesn't when I say it," I tease.

"No! I just- I can't explain it!" He sounds frustrated. Like he's been thinking about this for a while.

I hand him his coffee. "It's ok TaeTae. Don't think too hard about it."

He nods, taking a sip. I make myself a cup of warm milk and lean against the counter with him in a comfortable silence.

The cafe is always so peaceful right before it opens. The sun has barely come up and it's first bits of light filter through the windows. The soft lofi jazz playing in the background along with the soft hum of the machines in the kitchen, it's a perfect morning.

"I'm really happy," I smile, setting down my empty mug and leaning my head on my best friends shoulder.

"I'm happy that your happy," Tae smiles with me and laces his fingers with mine.

~V

Just a cute filler chapter :)
Where you think Jungkook went😏