Part 5

One week later
Jesse pov
"Yo, do you know why Marcus is being so weird and secretive?" I ask leaning over the back of the couch.
"Isn't it obvious?" Lils laughs turning around to face me.
She's looking at her outfit in the mirror.
I stare at her blankly.
"Wow you really are thick" she laughs shaking her head.
"Oi!" I shout throwing a cushion at her.
"He's obviously got something going on with Lucia" she says in a duh kind of tone.
"Ohhhhh" I say turning back around slouching in the couch.
She throws the pillow at the back of my head
"Ouch" I say rubbing the back of my head.
"You want a lift to training?" She asks behind me.
"If you don't mind" I say tilting my head backwards grinning.
________________________________
Delilah pov
I pull up at the training ground.
The paparazzi got lots of photos of us driving in.
No doubt they'll be saying we're together as per usual. We just laugh at the press because they always think they know everything when everything they say couldn't be further from the truth.
"See you in a bit" Jesse says running inside.
I wait outside a bit on my phone. Then I go round to the training pitch to watch.
All the lads are looking at me and joking with Jesse.
Half way through the training session my phone suddenly starts blowing up.
Loads of text messages are flying in.
Mainly from relatives.
All I read is 'car crash'

Jesse pov
All the lads are taking the piss out of me saying I apparently fancy Lils.
I turn around to look at her and she looks so worried and scared looking at her phone.
She places the phone to her ear and looks so worried. I've never seen her this way before.
She shoots up and runs so fast towards the car park. I try to run after her but Ole holds me back.
"look lad I'll let you ring her at the water break" he says with a bright reassuring smile.
"But-" I say trying to go.
"Don't push it Jesse you're lucky I'm letting you at break" ole says turning stern.
"Sorry, thank you gaffer" I say nodding my head.
Ole smiles and pats me on the back as I join in with the rest of the squad again.

Delilah pov
I'm on the phone to my auntie Mave.
"What's happened?" I ask manically down the phone.
"It's your mum, dad and brother they've been in a car crash. There's been a 6 car pile up on the m6 and they're one of the cars involved" she says shakily.
"Fuck!" I say frantically getting in my car.
"Is-are" I say shakily starting up my car.
"They're in a bad way. I'm almost at the hospital now so I will let you know properly" she says.
"Right okay thank you. I'll be at the hospital in the next hour or so" I say breathing heavily.
"Okay. Take your time driving. I'll see you soon love you" She says sounding calm.
Probably just trying to keep me calm so I don't drive like a lunatic and I myself end up in a collision.

My family live in Leeds so it's not that far for me to travel.
I live in Manchester, most of my family is from Manchester originally but moved elsewhere.
I decided to come back because it just felt right. I feel calm and happy in Manchester, I've lived in about 5 different places but Manchester just feels right unlike the others. Manchester is where I belong.

I speed off in my car.
All I can think of is what if I lose them?
I shake the thoughts out of my head.
"Don't say those kind of things" I say to myself.
"Stop talking to yourself you lunatic" I say as I feel tears pricking my eyes.

I eventually pull up at the hospital.
I frantically grab my bag and get out of my car.
I run into the hospital straight into the reception.
"Hi my parents and brother are here I need to know where they are... quick!" I demand panting.
"Okay please try to stay relaxed. Can I get any of their names?" She says typing away at her computer.
"You know what doesn't matter" I say pulling my phone out to dial my auntie.
She picks up.
"I knew you'd ring. It's ward 3 floor 2" she says Down the phone.
"Thank you" I say hanging up the phone.
The receptionist just staring at me.
I haven't got time to be judged I'm off. So I run up the stairs to where my parents are, I know I could just use a lift but they're so slow and full of germs, especially in a hospital.
I eventually reach the ward and I see my auntie stood there with her boyfriend.
She pulls me into a hug and starts to cry.
"What's happened? Are they okay?" I ask as her crying scares me a little.
"They're in a bad way, they don't know if they will recover or not as they're still unconscious and they can't tell if they will wake up" she says the heartbreak in her voice.
I pull out of the hug and say "oh my god. Can we see them?" I ask.
"No, not yet. They are giving them a week to wake up before they think... you know." She says looking down to the ground.
This is a lot to process.
"oh god. oh no. Why. Why them?" I start to say pacing.
"Look I'm very sorry Delilah but I have to go now, are you sure you'll be fine here alone? Is there no one you can ring to stay with you? As this is a lot to process and you really need someone here right now" She says putting her coat on.
"uhhh yeah I'll ring a few people" I say pulling out my phone.
"Okay. Take care now" she says kissing my cheek.
And with that she walks out.
Her boyfriend gives me a slight smile. He's a man of very few words. And he follows her.
I sit down on one of the chairs in the corridor and I see my phone ringing.
I look at the caller ID and it's Jesse. Oh how I'm glad to see his name pop up.
I answer the phone.
"Lils. Lils! Are you okay? I saw you rush out of training is everything alright?" He asks sounding very worried.
I sigh.
"Not really. It's my family. They're in the hospital and I'm not allowed to see them and I don't know what to do with myself. What if they d-" I say shakily before he cuts me off
"Lils. Deep breaths. Are you there alone?" He asks worriedly.
"Yes. My auntie just left about 10 mins ago" I say.
"I'm not having you be alone. I'm on my way" he says and hangs up the phone.
I stuff my phone into my coat pocket and quickly bounce my leg with nerves.
My elbows on my knees and my head in my hands.