The sequel | part 1

Delilah pov
I'm just walking through my kitchen and I hear my phone ring.
I dash to my dining table to pick up my phone.
I look down at the screen and it's Marcus FaceTiming me.
I answer the call.
"Hi! Omg" I say to the camera.
"Hi!" He says excitedly.
Lucia jumps into the shot squealing.
"You two seem so excited, what's up?" I ask laughing nervously.
Lucia flashes her hand in front of the camera.
"We're engaged!" She squeals unable to keep still.
"Oh my god!" I yell excited.
Marcus has the biggest smile on his face.
"I'm so frickin happy for you both! Oh my gosh!" I say very excited.
"When's the wedding?" I ask calming down.
Lucia giggles and Marcus laughs.
Lucia looks at Marcus then at the camera.
"The next two weeks we're planning" She blurts out.
"Oh my god! No you're joking" I say smiling.
"Seriously!" They exclaim
"I'm so happy!" I say unable to contain my excitement.
I walk over to my shelves in my living room and collect my laptop and place it on the dining table.
"What are you doing?" They ask me seeing the camera moving a lot and obviously realising I'm preoccupied.
"Booking flights over there!" I say with a big grin.
"Oh my god!" Lucia shouts.
"There's a flight for tonight!" I exclaim.
"I'm booking it, I'm coming tonight guys and you can show me the ring and everything!" I squeal.
"Oh my god I haven't seen you in ages!" Lucia says
"Me too" Marcus says
"I know I'm sorry. But guys YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK" I say resting my phone up whilst I book my flight for tonight.
"We know!" They both say pecking each other's lips.
I smile at them both.
"We've got to go and tell..." they trail off
There's a slight pause.
"People" they say quietly.
I know they mean Jesse. They can say his name to me it's fine but they don't. They're always awkward around the topic.
"Okay I'll literally see you later!" I say before they hang up.
wow so they're getting married.
I'm amazed. Not because I didn't think they weren't perfect for each other just that I wasn't expecting it.

Both jake and I step off the plane. i decided to bring Jake as my plus one just because... I didn't want to cause awkwardness my bringing Adam.

We're officially in Manchester.
I take a deep breath as we walk into the airport.
It feels weird to be back in Manchester.
All kinds of emotions hit me.
sadness, happiness and calmness but at the same time anxiousness.
So many things have happened to me here in Manchester, good and bad.

We get through customs and everything.
I hold on tight to my suitcase was we walk out to be mobbed by paparazzi.

Jake when's your new song coming out?
Are you here to get back with Jesse?
Have you spoken to Jesse since you left?
What's with the subliminal messages to each other?
Are you and Adam a thing? Or is it you and Jake that's a thing?
Jake how do you feel about Delilah being back in Manchester and potentially seeing her ex?
Are you two together?
Delilah is it true Adam is your boyfriend?

It's been over a year but Jesse and i's relationship is still very much relevant according to the paps.
We make our way into our minibus.
We ignored the paparazzi. Like always.
As the bus drives through the streets of Manchester I feel butterflies in my stomach as I have loads of memories attached to the streets. Mainly of me and Jesse.
I really don't want to see him as I think I've just about got over him. A year I know you're thinking that took a while, I had very strong feelings for him, they don't just go overnight. I will always love Jesse no matter what. I don't hate him or wish anything upon him like some girls do post breakup.
I think I was to blame for most of it anyway.
I left without me explaining or Jesse explaining why he reacted the way he did. I didn't even let him explain why he was late. We could've fixed the situation as I look back and it could've easily of been worked out but instead I was stupid and left without saying anything to him.
But there's nothing I can do now. It happened. That's it.
I feel tears prick my eyes as I think all that through in my head.
I promised myself when I landed in Paris I wouldn't cry over him. I cried myself to sleep for the first 2 months.
I think I'm over him but if I was to see him now walking through the street as we drive I would probably break down and cry. It's still pretty much fresh in my mind.
But I know he wouldn't feel the same.
Based on what he said that night in the car park, it was clear. And also the fact he didn't try to fight for me, he let me leave the country. Lucia told me he was listening to me saying goodbye to them all outside old Trafford. The fact he didn't try stop me at all and didn't try keep me in the country showed he didn't want us to work. He just let me go. I can't show him I'm not over him. He has a new girlfriend and has moved on. I don't want to look lame and like I still hang onto my feelings from a year ago.