Part 18

Delilah pov
As I lay on my knees crying my eyes out in the car park Luke comes running over to me.
"I heard a commotion what's wrong?" He asks me concerned.
He kneels down onto the floor with me.
"As much as I appreciate your concern Luke I don't think you'll help in this situation" I say sobbing standing up.
"I'm sorry" I say running off to my car.
Luke stays stood there watching me get in my car. As soon as I get in I break down even more. I can't stop crying. What he said really hurt and is that what he really thought the whole 8 years? Did they really mean that little to him?
I feel like someone has just ripped my heart out.
There's no going back from this
It's all over. Our 8 years of friendship ends here.

Once I calm down I decide to drive off.
I don't drive home I drive straight to Marcus' and hope Jesse's car isn't there.
I arrive and it isn't thank god. I don't know where he is and honestly I couldn't give a shit at this point.
I knock on the door frantically.
Lucia answers the door.
She seems happy until she looks at my face.
"Oh my god! What's wrong" she asks concerned.
I don't say anything and I just hug her.
She closes the front door whilst I'm still hugging her. Weeping onto her shoulder.
"Marcus! Marcus!" She calls out.
He comes running quickly as he hears me sob.
"Oh my god Lils what's happened?" He says looking so worried.
He pulls me off Lucia and embraces me into a huge hug.
Once my cries start to calm down I find the words to say "Jesse"
"What?!" Marcus says sounding outraged
"What's he fucking done?" He says angrily.
I feel Lucia rubbing my back as I'm still hugging Marcus.
"He- he- and Luke" I say.
"Lils we're going to need you to explain everything" Lucia says taking my hand and leading me into the lounge towards the couch.
I wipe my nose and sniffle as I sit down.
Marcus hands me a box of tissues.
"Thanks" I say softly.
They both sit in front of me on the couch.
"Well he was almost an hour late to our date and Luke happened to be at the restaurant we were having our date at. Anyway luke noticed I look sad after I'd been ditched by Jesse. He came over to the table to sit with me so I didn't feel like a sad loner, which I did. Anyway I told Luke I was going to go as I'd had enough of waiting and he offered to walk me to my car, I agreed and to say thank you I kissed him on the cheek. Little did I know Jesse had turned up and was in the car park and from his angle must've looked like I properly kissed Luke, rather than just an innocent kiss on the cheek. Anyway Jesse got angry, said some horrible stuff and sped off" I say sobbing into the tissues.
"Oh my god, that's awful" Lucia says moving next to me and putting her arm around me.
"What did he say to you if you don't mind me asking?" Marcus asks.
"Marcus!" Lucia says
"It's fine. Really" I say smiling to Lucia.
"He said that I just used him the past 8 years for fame and everything and that I have been playing a huge game the past 8 years and the last thing he said to me was to use my fame sensibly and then he sped off and left me to cry on the floor. Luke came out to find me alone on the floor in a mess but I told him it's probably best if he doesn't help me and I got in my car and that's it" I explain.
"What a dick! I'm sure he doesn't mean it, that really doesn't sound like him" Marcus says in disbelief.
"Shocked me too!" I painfully laugh.
There's a few seconds silence.
"That's us over now isn't it. No relationship, no friendship, no nothing" I say blowing my nose.
"Don't think like that!" Lucia says playing with my hair.
"It's true though. If He thinks I could do something like that and seriously doubts me and doesn't trust me then I can't forgive him or ever be his girlfriend or friend again" I say honestly.
"I'm going to go find him and find out what the hell is wrong with him!" Marcus says standing up.
I smile up at Marcus.
"Okay, Keep us updated, text me!" Lucia says as Marcus walks out of the house slamming the front door.

Jesse pov
I sit there in my car looking out the window. Tears soaking my face.
I can't help but think of all our memories.

Our insane parties
Our insane dance moves together
Our first date
How cute she was when she got brain freeze that time
How she bloody amazed me at bowling
How we never knew we were in love
When I asked her to be my girlfriend
When we played twister and had our first time together
When she couldn't sleep because of the rain so I had to sleep with her
When she used to get so embarrassed about the freckles on her back

I've really fucked this up. Big time.
I see Marcus' car pull up behind mine.
I quickly wipe away my tears.
He walks up to my window and starts banging really hard on it.
"Oi!" He shouts
"I don't know what the hell is wrong with you Jesse Lingard but you've made the person you care about the most an absolute mess! She never cries Jesse. She is the strongest girl I know and tonight she's come round to my house in a state I never thought I would ever have to see her in. And I never in a million years thought you would be the reason why I would ever see her in that state. Mate you've broken her" he shouts through the window
I don't say anything and stare blankly outside not looking at Marcus.
"I haven't got time for you when you're like this. Do whatever you want I don't care" he says shaking his head and walking off.
He drives off and I don't even move. I haven't moved for the past hour. I'm just numb. Getting lost in my thoughts listening to sad music. I can relate to all the lyrics and songs I've never really listened hard to the lyrics but they are now clicking with me. I feel numb, just numb. I don't know what to do or say that can fix this. I don't think it can be fixed.

We're officially over... for good
_______________________________
I'm so excited to write these chapters lol I know exactly how this all pans out and omg ☕️