Chapter 24

Christian and Taylor had left for work, and it was the start of my week. Teddy was having his mid-morning nap, and Gail and I were about to sit down for our weekly planning session. When I'd come home after the abduction, I was honestly too tired and overwhelmed to do much of anything, so Gail had stepped up without being asked, taking over all her previous house management duties to give me a chance to recover.

However, now I was getting better, it was time to resume control. Thankfully, Gail was happy to take things at my speed, starting with going over the weekly menus and planning.

Pouring Gail a coffee, and a tea for myself, we sat opposite one another at the dining table with our diaries.

"On Wednesday, I'll be lunching with Kate at The Mile High Club," I started, watching as Gail made annotations. Now I was on Maternity Leave, Gail was also making me lunch, so I liked to make sure she was across my movements. "Christian will be out for a dinner meeting tomorrow night, so I'm happy with a sandwich or leftovers for dinner. Please don't go to any bother. I'll also be out for lunch on Friday. Teddy and I have our six-week health checkups, so I'm meeting Grace at the hospital beforehand for lunch."

I looked up and saw a twinkle in Gail's eye. She knew what my six-week checkup signified. I blushed a little.

"On Friday night I'd like to surprise Christian with a relaxing dinner at home. If you could perhaps serve Friday night, then take the weekend off? We're going to the new house on Saturday to meet the designer to complete our selections, so we'll eat out somewhere near there. I'll cook Saturday dinner, then Christian, Teddy and I have lunch at Bellevue on Sunday."

"I'll make sure the fridge is well stocked with breakfast and dinner supplies," Gail promised, the corners of her mouth twitching.

"Also, on Friday while I'm out, could you move Teddy's bassinet to his room and set up the master bedroom with red roses and flameless candles?"

"Would you like strawberries, non-alcoholic champagne and chocolates too?" Gail teased with a smirk.

I covered my face with my hands, but laughed. "Sure! Why not?!"

"Candles, roses, strawberries, champagne and chocolates it is," Gail said good naturedly, jotting them down on her shopping list.

"If you and Taylor would like to take the weekend off together, I'm sure the other security staff can manage. The weekend after this one is Kate and Elliot's bachelor and bachelorette parties, so Taylor will be with Christian all weekend and you'll be with me."

"I'll talk to Jason, but we might take you up on that. We need to pop over to the new house, too. I thought I'd go on Sunday."

"Have you finished your plans yet?" I asked, conscious I wasn't the only one getting a new home. Jason and Gail were getting their own quarters above the lake end of the extended garages in Medina. Because of the steep slope of the block, and thanks to Elliot removing a couple of solid walls and putting in floor to ceiling glass windows, they'd be able to look out over the top of our roof to share our gorgeous view of the Seattle skyline.

"Not yet," Gail said with an excited smile. "Mr. Grey's brother has sketched a suggested plan for the space, but Jason and I wanted to take measurements and kick a few ideas around."

It delighted me to see Gail so enthusiastic. She'd confided that it had always been a dream to build her own home, and while this was more of a retrofit on steroids, we'd given Jason and Gail carte blanche to plan, outfit and decorate the space to their specifications.

"Well take your time. You can have whatever you like."

"That's just it. I think I have analysis paralysis," Gail admitted. "I know what I want but I'm not sure how to achieve it..."