Chapter 36

"I haven't seen you in ages! You're looking wonderful!"

"Thanks, Andrea. Now Teddy is sleeping six hours through most nights, I'm feeling a bit more human."

"I can't believe how much he's grown!" Andrea commented, holding her arms out to take him for a cuddle. "Oh? I meant to ask you, how did the playgroups go?"

"I've only been to one, so far, but it was a complete bust," I admitted, describing the dynamics of the group and the mothers who were more interested in lattes and designer fashion than their progeny.

"That's horrible," Andrea said. "Still, I bet they died when realized it was you!"

"That's part of the problem. I'm new to this and I want to be a normal mom. I don't want to hang out with people who want to know me just because I'm Mrs. Christian Grey."

"Mr. Grey was adamant the playgroup should be in Medina, but there's one in Bellevue held at the Episcopal Church which might be more to your liking? It's nothing fancy, but my sister-in-law used to take her son there, and they enjoyed it. Maybe that's worth a try?"

I was willing to give anything a go, so Andrea texted her sister-in-law to get the details. In minutes I had a GEH With Compliments slip with all the details written in Andrea's neat writing. The Bellevue playgroup ran three days a week, 10:00 am to midday, and I could go as often or as infrequently as I liked.

"She said they ask you to take a piece of fruit to cut up and share at the end, and they appreciate it if every now and again you can give a few dollars toward the coffee, tea and milk."

"That sounds more like my sort of place," I remarked with a giggle, encouraged enough I planned to give it a go tomorrow.

Andrea and I compared diaries and were accepting a few social invitations to attend when the doors to his office opened, Christian following Williams, Anderson and Ms. Burke into the antechamber. He made a beeline to where I sat with Teddy, kissing me tenderly before taking Teddy from me and cradling him against his Italian tailored, English wool suit.

"Thanks for your time. We shouldn't need to meet again, however keep me in the loop by email," he said in a voice that exuded confidence and control.

Christian wrapped his arm around me as Andrea walked the group over to the lift, using her swipe card in order for them to access the elevator, the floor being on restricted access as it was any time Teddy visited. Christian waited until the elevator doors closed before stating "Andrea? Alicia Burke is not to be invited to meetings with me in the future." Returning to her seat, with some deft strokes on her keyboard, Andrea ensured Alicia Burke's access to the coveted executive level was revoked.

"Andrea's found another playgroup for Teddy and me," I announced, watching as my husband sat on the edge of Andrea's desk, making goofy faces at our son. Earning a few excited giggles from Teddy, they encouraged Christian to continue.

"Oh? In Medina?"

"Bellevue. It's at the Episcopal Church. Andrea's sister-in-law took her boy there. It sounds more up my alley, so I'm planning to take Teddy there tomorrow."

"With security of course."

"I'll take Sawyer, McIntyre and Clarke," I promised, knowing it was Prescott's day off. I'd prefer to take Prescott since it would mostly be women there – but I'd do what I had to do.

 I'd prefer to take Prescott since it would mostly be women there – but I'd do what I had to do