Chapter 62

"You'd like Aisling and me to celebrate Thanksgiving with you? In Seattle with your family?" David asked Christian in shock. My eyes trained on my husband, I recognized that while his invite might have seemed casual, his intent was not. My darling fifty wanted this badly.

"I understand you might already have plans..." Christian added, giving David an easy out.

"But if you're free, you're very welcome to join us," I quickly inserted. "It's Teddy's first Thanksgiving, and our first in our new home... You're family, we'd love to have you both there and it would be a great chance to meet everyone."

"It wouldn't be awkward?" David asked.

"Oh! No doubt it will be as awkward as hell!" I giggled, not willing to lie, "But it will have nothing to do with you and Aisling! After years alone, my Daddy has a fiancée, so my mother and her most recent husband have decided to go on a golfing cruise to get out of visiting for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year – but knowing Mom she will call numerous times because she'll want to know what's going on! Plus Christian's brother was engaged to my former best friend, but that went to hell in a handbasket and it's all off, but it's still a touchy subject - especially since Christian's sister was dating my ex-friend's brother, so that's tricky, too."

"You forgot to mention my grandparents. Grandpa Theo will pretend to flirt with the ladies. And there's Grandma Adele. She has absolutely no filter and enjoys embarrassing everyone by recollecting awkward things the rest of us would prefer to forget," Christian added. "Plus there'll be the usual fight over who gets to play with Teddy, not to mention everyone eating and drinking too much..."

David laughed, looking between Christian and me in amusement.

"No family is perfect," Christian explained, grinning with a shrug. "If you don't have something organized, we'd love to have you celebrate Teddy's first Thanksgiving with us. My family is everything to me. I'd love you to meet them. Like I said; my plane is at your disposal..."

"Let me talk with Aisling about it," David replied, and my heart swelled. He hadn't outright said no, and I understood how much that meant to Christian.

 He hadn't outright said no, and I understood how much that meant to Christian

"Do you think they will?" Christian asked on our way back to Seattle. We'd made good use of the bed in the back of the GEH jet and were lying naked facing one another.

"I'm not sure," I replied honestly. The weekend had been odd. Between the emotion surrounding Eleanor's plaque, Cora's beautiful gesture, and the conflict about Aisling's college fees, it was hard to get a sense of how David, and Aisling, might feel about visiting us for Thanksgiving. "Have you considered about how to go about things with your family if they do?"

"I have. If David and Aisling agree to come, I'll give them the option to stay with us, at Escala or a hotel. If they stay at Medina, I hoped Mom, Dad and Mia might stay, too? Hanging out and cooking and all the rest of it might help?"