4 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

[S3E04-DISTURBING BEHAVIOUR]

—☆—

"THERE HAS TO BE MORE TO THIS DRESS!" Rebekah complained, as she walked out of her changing room wearing a short, black dress.

"Nope," Eleanor responded, taking a small sip of her champagne.

Rebekah pulled it down, trying to lengthen it. In the slightest, at least. "I got judged for wearing trousers, and now women don't wear anything?" She complained, again.

"You wore trousers, so women today could wear nothing!" Klaus joked, pouring himself even more champagne. Only then, topping off Eleanor's after she nudged him.

"And what is this music? People dance to this?"

"Yes and yes," Stefan replied, not taking much interest in anything. As usual. It seemed -to Eleanor at least-, that the bright light that'd once engulfed Stefan, was snuffed out. She knew it, he knew it. Hell, even Klaus probably realized his special spark was a dim thing nowadays. She missed her upbeat, optimistic best friend. The one that joked with her as she'd cried over her father, and immediately brought her back onto cloud nine. When Eleanor and Stefan first met, she'd bumped into him after turning a corner too sharply and ended up dropping everything that'd been stuffed into her arms. A quick, yet slightly life changing moment.

"It sounds like a bloody car wreck," Rebekah complained once more, pulling Eleanor from her own reminiscing. Rebekah stood for a moment before lighting her gaze up on her own old lover from the 20s'. "So Stefan, do you like it?" She looked towards him with flirty eyes, making Eleanor slightly pity the situation. Stefan only had eyes for Elena, his love for Rebekah long gone.

"It looks good," was all he said. Earning a groan from Rebekah -who said she knew when he was lying- and a disapproving look from Eleanor. "I said it was good!" He defended quickly, only to be shut down again by Rebekah and get another certain look from the other blonde.

"Again, Stefan! I know when you're lying!"

   "No necklace?" Gloria asked, her patience for the hybrid and friends wearing thin. "What do you expect me to work with?"

Eleanor thought for a moment, wondering if finding the necklace was truly so important. She already knew Elena had it, she could only hope it somehow wasn't on the doppelgänger.

"Use me," Rebekah spoke, hoping up from her spot at the table. "I only wore it for a thousand years."

"See? Now this one is giving me something to work with." Gloria taunted to Klaus, taking Rebekah's hand in her own as she began to chant. Her eyes shut, as the chant began to grow in intensity. A worrying feeling gnawed at Eleanor as she watched the witch. With her eyes still fluttered shut, Gloria spoke again. "I see a girl, with friends."