32 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

[S4E12 - A VIEW TO KILL]

— ☆ —

ELEANOR CLUTCHED THE PHOTO FRAME IN HER HAND; looking down at her freshman self with Elena. The once glowing and innocent young teenagers, had become something else entirely within the past three years. They lost people they cared for, found out about the supernatural world, fell in love and so much more that was indescribable. Lifting her gaze from the photograph, she placed it back onto Elena's dresser. For the past few days, it'd seemed that almost everything could potentially be falling back into place. Just as Eleanor had wished it would. The blonde had been trying to calm things down, talking to Damon, Stefan and many of the others within the 'Scooby gang' to fix things. She knew it was the best thing to do, and how she could help slow down the search for the cure. And so, here she was at the Gilbert household, hoping to try and convince both Elena and Jeremy the dire consequences that could come from the cure. But, little did she know how much they were in on getting to it and what they were willing to do.

     Eleanor listened to downstairs, catching a small murmur between Jeremy and Elena, which abruptly ended as Elena made a comment about making a call. Who could she have been calling about this? Before being able to possibly listen into that phone conversation, Jeremy appeared in the doorway to his sisters bedroom; a small smile plastered to his features. "Hey, El."

  "Jer," she smiled sweetly, a small sigh leaving her lips as she stared at him. She hadn't told Kol she was at the Gilbert household, and hoped it'd stay that way.

   "Where's Kol? Aren't you two inseparable these days?" The brunette spoke rather bitterly, his arms crossed over his chest and the small smile gone and replaced with a drawn in expression.

  She tried to ignore the small sting that'd ripples through her, instead focusing on pushing through to finish what she'd came here for. "You know that's not true, and besides, I came here to talk to both of you. About the cure."

    Jeremy stiffened in the slightest, but relaxed soon after, trying to make it seem nonchalant. "And what about it? I already know you've tried to convince the others we shouldn't get it. But why? What's the point? Is it what Kols telling you? Is that it? I know Eleanor before would be helping us to get it." His tone took an edge, shocking Eleanor in the slightest as his words continued. This was weird, almost not like Jeremy at all. She knew he was angry over her and Kol, not in jealousy or anything of the like, but out of hatred towards the whole original family.

    "Jeremy, I-" her words were interrupted by the doorbell ringing. She brushed past Jeremy easily with her enhanced speed, stepping onto the final stair as Elena swung open the door. Behind it stood Kol, making her eyebrows raise in surprise. What could he be doing here? "Kol?"