33 | 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐞

[ NOE - THE FINALE ]

— ☆ —

DEATH WAS NOT HOW ELEANOR FORBES EXPECTED. She thought there'd be an absorbing blackness that'd swallow her whole and leave her floating for the rest of eternity, or possibly, she'd continue to be here on Earth, just watching over everyone she'd once cared about. But, neither were truly the case as she'd died in the arms of Kol Mikaelson. Instead, there was a blinding white light that consumed her, soon fading to nothing as she felt her whole body shift on something soft. She could feel everything. Her body, the slight twitching of her eyelids and the scent of fresh air billowing into what could only be a room. First, she popped open one eye, then the other. Eleanor sat up, looking around the room with confusion. She was in... Kols bedroom?

She swallowed thickly, swinging her legs over the edge of the bed and standing wobbly. Her legs felt like jello as she looked around. She was dead. She knew she had to be. So, why was she here? Why did everything feel so real? There was a creak, causing the blonde to swing her gaze to the opening bedroom door. As it fully opened, she felt the breath in her lungs catch as she stared at him. Kol. Not burned to char, not grey and engulfed with overly visible veins; no. This was a very alive and breathing Kol.

"Kol?" She whispered, gazing at him with wide eyes. He took a step forward, causing her to take a step back. If this was fake, she wanted it to last for as long as possible. "Is this real? Are you real?"

The brunette genuinely smiled, nodding his head and holding his hand out for her to touch, to feel for realness. Shakily, Eleanor extended her own hand and lightly touched his. A strangled gasp tumbled from her lips as tears sprung to her eyes at the contact. His skin was warm, and most of all, real. Immediately, she threw her arms around him, allowing herself to bask in his presence and the feeling of his arms wrapping around her waist.

"Eleanor," they pulled away from each other slightly, their foreheads touching as he stared at her with nothing but love in his eyes. "I tried to tell you, but-" he paused, taking a second before saying the words that'd barely ever been muttered from him in his thousand or so years of existence. "I love you."

A small giggle left her lips, her hands clasping his cheeks in her hands as she stared adoringly at Kol. "I love you, too." A large smile encased both their faces as he lifted her up and spun her in a large circle, causing laughs to echo from the both of them. As he set her back on the ground, he captured her lips with his. Eleanor easily melted into it, her arms wrapping around his neck. Both knowing, without a doubt, they were happy.

They were at peace.

THE END.