14 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

[S3E17-BREAK ON THROUGH]

—☆—

    THE AREA OF WICKERY BRIDGE WAS FILLED WITH NUMEROUS RESIDENTS OF MYSTIC FALLS, as two blondes made their ways through the crowds. Eleanor Forbes, and Rebekah Mikaelson, both peeled their eyes and ears open for any information about the White Oak wood. It was still early, the mayor had only just arrived.

      "Can I ask you something?" Eleanor spoke, looking towards the original who now stared at her in curiosity.

  "What is it?" Rebekah asked, quirking her eyebrow.

   Eleanor looked around, still walking with Rebekah close to her due to their linked arms. "I have to ask, where's Kol? He hasn't shown his unusually flirty self for a long while."

      A smirk plastered itself on Rebekah's face, as the words tumbled from the Forbes' mouth. She hummed, "No coffin boy? Hmm, this is interesting."

  She rolled her eyes, giving the original a look of this means nothing. "I just call him that, with him around. It's fun to have someone to easily annoy. Besides, I didn't think Klaus would just up and let him leave."

    "He didn't. He-" Rebekah quickly cut herself off, as she saw the mayor begin to walk off from the group she was with. Alone. "The mayor. Let's go!"

Eleanor let herself get dragged by the original, straight over to where the mayor stood. The conversation quickly began, as Rebekah asked the questions she'd carefully posed to find out the information she'd needed. Without truly having a purpose in the conversation, the blonde let her eyes wander over the crowds. Almost instantly, she'd found Damon, just as he'd found her. A look of disbelief, and that slight anger he'd get crossed his face as he took in who she was with.

Motioning wildly with his hands for her to come over to him, Alaric and Meredith, Eleanor quickly excused herself from the conversation. Untwining her arm from Rebekah's, she made her way over to the small trio.

"Rebekah's up to something. What is it?" Was the first thing spoken when she'd joined them.

Rolling her eyes, she crossed her arms nonchalantly. "Why does she have to be up to anything, Damon?"

The raven-haired vampire stared her down with his icy blue eyes. He was studying her, using what he liked to call 'friend senses' to see if she was telling the truth. Of course, he knew she wasn't. "Liar."

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

Alaric threw his arms up between the two, an exasperated look on his face. "All right children, now is not the time to squabble."