21 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

[Not An Episode]
[NOE-THE SELF SACRIFICE]
[SMUT WARNING]

[Not An Episode][NOE-THE SELF SACRIFICE][SMUT WARNING]

—☆—

      A PAIN SEEMED TO ECHO THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE BODY OF ELEANOR FORBES, as she stumbled her way onto the Wickery Bridge. The sun was still hidden behind the trees, dawn barely beginning to break. A tune rang out from the birds flapping overhead the blonde, as she sniffled and wiped away her tears. Vacant voices of people no longer living, echoed throughout her head with the pain. Bill Forbes, her own father, saying she wasn't his daughter anymore. Not with what she'd done.

     The thought of the blood, death and the pale outshone look of horror that'd crossed the man's face, made Eleanor want to shrivel up on the road. Throw up, even. She is a monster. She knew it. She knew Kol knew it, as well. Killing someone was something the blonde could never see herself doing. Much less becoming a vampire. Something her whole family before her, despised. How was she supposed to go on? Carrying that death as if it were a badge, cursed to be pinned to her chest for all of eternity. The ring encircling her ring finger seemed heavy, and an unbearable feat. Twisting it lightly, a sigh tumbled from her blood stained lips and her eyes lifted to scour the beautiful landscape ahead.

    In a swift motion, she pulled the ring from her finger. Not daring to wipe away the tears from the next waterfall that'd traced its way down her cheeks, her arm extended over the railing of the bridge. A smooth wind picked up, ruffling her delicate curls and making the salty tears cold. Taking a deep breath, two. The ring sailed through the air and into the water beneath. It felt freeing, knowing that to Eleanor, she'd be able to escape the unbearable pain she'd been feeling relentlessly. A bitter smile crossed her lips, as the sun began its peak over the trees.

    A small twitch of uncomforted sliced at Eleanor's exposed fingers, slowly extending to a painful burn that spread up her body like a wildfire. She cried out, but didn't back away from the suns rays that threatened to burn her to ash at any moment. The smell of burning flowing up to her nose, and causing her to pinch her face as she knew it was herself making that smell. Just as a tingle broke out upon her hand, and a small flame erupted; it was gone as soon as it'd came. As was the bridge, the sun and the sound of rushing water. Loud flapping echoed through her ears, as a large force grabbed her and sped off.

      The relief that flooded her bones, came from the relief of the fact her skin was no longer burning. Her body thanked her for it, and yet, she'd not yet wanted it to end. The sensation of being able to pay for what she'd done was all she'd wanted. Now, she had no idea why it wasn't happening.

In a moment, she'd crashed into a building. Not just any building, but the Mikaelson mansion. The scent of burned flesh no longer lingering in her nose, and the feel of heat. Her eyes darted towards the figure before her, who was quickly running to shut every curtain in the home. He walked into the living room, his back towards the girl. Not even wanting to see her. He was angry, sure. But, he wasn't sure himself if he could be angry. Kol Mikaelson, the man known for no weaknesses, and known for his treachery; had saved Eleanor Forbes and wanted nothing more than to scoop her into his arms and kiss like there was no tomorrow. What she'd done, he'd seen as selfish. It was true. He'd wanted to do so before himself, but he simply ended up embracing who he was instead of running.