9 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

[S3E11-OUR TOWN]

—☆—

ELEANOR DID NOT FEEL LIKE CELEBRATING. Even though this was supposed to be the day of turning eighteen, she didn't feel like it. Maybe it was the fact that she could still feel the knife in her gut from just the other night, a reoccurring nightmare. That one day, that knife would stay there and there would be no vampire saviour. Driving around until she wound up at the grill, was no surprise.

The only surprising thing, was that nobody from the main group she hung out with were present at the grill. It made her frown, but she'd also known they would've pestered her about what they and Caroline were to do to celebrate this special day.

In past years, Eleanor and Caroline had declared that the best day of everyone's year was their birthday. The best blondes in town day, is what they would call it. Their friends would always laugh and giggle when they did call it those days, quickly agreeing. Although, in elementary school, Matt asked how he wasn't one of the best blondes. Then, it became also decided by Caroline and Eleanor, that Matt's birthday would also be everyone's favourite day of the year. Whenever someone asked which day was better, Eleanor would immediately shut them down and say neither were more important than the other.

Taking a seat at the bar, Eleanor quickly ordered fries and a soda. Debating when to go home, she messaged Caroline.

are we doing something for today? honestly care, i'm not down.

    Placing the phone back down, her eyes wandered around the grill wondering if Matt had taken a shift or not. Probably not. She couldn't recall one time that he'd taken a shift on their birthday, or anyone's birthday in fact. He was sweet like that. A buzz erupted her from her reminiscing thoughts. Glancing down, she read the message and smiled.

  Ugh. Me neither! Want to just hang at home and eat? Moms likely going to make that apple pie from grandma. ;)

    Eleanor laughed at her twins bluntness. Although, she was overly joyed that her twin found today not up for celebration either.

Coming home now. I was just at the grill:)

   Quickly placing a ten down on the counter, the blonde grabbed her things and trekked off for her car.

   Pulling up, she noticed Caroline getting out of her car at the same time. Smiling, she turned off the engine after parking and caught up to her awaiting twin.

    "Hey," Caroline spoke, as she slung her arm around Eleanor's shoulders.

    "Hi, happy birthday!"