29 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

[S4E08 - WE'LL ALWAYS HAVE BOURBON STREET]

— ☆ —

    ELEANOR SAT CONTENTEDLY IN THE BAR STOOL. Her eyes skimmed over the entirety of the restaurant, looking for anyone of potential interest. There were many issues swarming her head for the moment. One, was her and Kol. Another was Jeremy and his hunters mark, which he'd called her about. Making her the second person to know. But, like usual, it didn't stay secret for too long, as not long after, more people within the inner circle found out. Not quite making it as prominent a problem. But as for her and Kol, the issue was still prominent. For the past two days, things had somehow began to grow tense between Eleanor and Kol. She had no idea what she'd done for the original to start pushing her away. She chest deflated as she sighed heavily, spinning back to place her forearms on the bars counter and take a long sip from her coke. Her fingers picked at the napkin beneath her drink, her lips down-turning to a frown. She hated this feeling. The feeling of being left in the dark. For months now, it's exactly how she'd started feeling around the people she'd always considered second family. She knew they didn't completely mean to shut her out; it just happened. But with Kol, she felt she could be sure and in trust that he would be able to talk to her, about anything. It turns out, what she thought wasn't true. The last time she'd seen her boyfriend, he'd been grabbing his jacket and rushing out the front door of the mansion before she'd even taken her third step inside. He'd murmured a small goodbye, but it'd left her unsettled. His face had been pinched, and drawn in. A look she doesn't believe she'd ever seen on him.

     "You okay, El?" Matt asked, slinging his wash cloth over his shoulder as he looked over his longtime friends saddened expression. Her head perked up, the frown dissipating into a small smile at his sudden appearance. She hated being sympathized, and pitied. Eleanor could already depict the building worry in Matt's eyes.

   So, she did as she did numerous times throughout her eighteen years of life. She smiled, and said: "I'm fine, promise." His blue eyes lightened in the slightest, not completely believing the blonde was fine.

     "You're sure?" When she nodded, he sighed lightly, looking down the bar towards a man swinging his glass in the air for a refill. "I'm always here, you know that." Eleanor didn't have a chance to respond as he walked away to work his shift, leaving her alone once more with her flatter coke and swirling thoughts.

   Taking a deep breath, she pulled a five from her jacket pocket and stood from her spot. Her legs aching as she'd been sitting and contemplating for more time than she'd like to admit. Eleanor felt as though a decision finally came to mind. She knew her mind would not be at rest until she talked to Kol, or at least found out what had been bothering him. So now, there was only one place she could currently think to go.