31 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

[S4E11 - CATCH ME IF YOU CAN]

— ☆ —

ELEANOR STARED AT THE OPEN WINDOW, WHERE SUNLIGHT POURED IN ENDLESSLY; causing a glow to light the dark bedroom. Her head felt stuffed to the brim as thoughts swam around inside of it. Everything that was going on, was almost too confusing to keep up on. It didn't help that Kol was stressed and barely slept through the night — she'd decided to stay over at his place that night. The blonde had even faked being asleep as to not let him know that she'd actually been awake when he'd slipped away and went back to looking through his notes on Silas. Although, it wasn't just Kol stirring stress in the young vampire. She was becoming torn as more things began to come to light about how extensively the plan to get the cure was. At this point, much more people within the groups knew and were ready to find it. Even though Kol was whole-heartedly going against every move to get it. Along with explaining Silas to her, he'd explained all that he'd done to help prevent it. It made sense, but she wasn't sure she could support his methods as he told her everything.

Eleanor sighed heavily, running a nimble hand through her tangled curls. Giving a tug as her fingers caught on a knot. She sat up, taking her time as she got up from the bed and her hoodie off the desk chair. Slipping it onto her petite body, she listened intently for any noises that echoed throughout the mansion. She pushed open the bedroom door as she'd heard nothing, walking down the hall and soon made her way down the stairs. Just as she reached the front door, it swung open, revealing Rebekah with Klaus.

Both originals stopped short at seeing their friend, warm smiles plastering onto their lips quite fast. "Eleanor," Rebekah greeted, flashing her a brilliant smile as she grabbed onto the younger ones hand and pulled her back into the house. "I've been meaning to talk to you about yesterday. I-"

"Oh, yes! When both you and Kol locked almost all of the scooby gang in the high school. What a brilliant plan!" Klaus gloated, expanding his arms in the usually over-dramatic fashion he does. His eyes peered at Eleanor with a twinkle of amusement shining through it. "Ah, I also heard about the lovers spat."

The blonde scoffed, flipping a few curls over her shoulder as she crossed her arms. "I wouldn't really call it a spat-"

"Are you sure Kol's snapped neck would agree with that, love?" The hybrid interrupted, with a smirk, making Eleanor playfully roll her eyes at his antics. He moved around her as he made his way farther into the house. "Anyway, I'll be on my way now."

He left the two girls standing in the foyer, the older of the two with a hopeful smile on her face. Rebekah looked towards Eleanor and grabbed onto her free hand. "Eleanor, darling, I am sorry for what happened at the high school. I hope you understand that I was truly doing what I had t-"