7 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

[S3E08-ORDINARY PEOPLE]

—☆—

"SO, WE LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ANY OF THIS MEANS?" Eleanor asked, her gaze sweeping over the dozens of photographs laid out on Alaric's table. Damon had picked Eleanor up earlier this morning, to head straight to Alaric's to look through some of the photographs Elena and him had taken of the caves they'd ventured through the other night. Although currently, Damon was of no help, instead sparing with Elena.

     "Boom! You're dead!" Was a repeated line throughout the last half hour, causing an eye roll from Eleanor, everytime.

    "Nope, but I think we'll be able to. I mean," Alaric points towards the names photographed in a line. "These are all names. We know that for sure."

    "Of the original family," Eleanor whispered, tracing her finger over the photographs that now held sticky notes. "This one," she pointed at one that read 'Mikael'. "Who is he? I've met Elijah, Rebekah, Klaus and seen Kol. I also know about his one brother locked away for over nine-hundred years..." Alaric looked at her confused. He didn't know about those other two, which made him begin to wonder about how much the Forbes' girl knew. "I've heard of a Mikael, but I didn't know he was a sibling. I thought Klaus only had four."

      "That's because he's not a sibling." Damon spoke, sauntering up to the two behind Elena. "He's who I like to call, Papa Original."

     Eleanor felt her eyes bug out in shock. "What? As in father?"

     Damon hummed, draping his arm over Eleanor's shoulders, who shoved him off lightly like usual. "He also got prettyyy spooked when I brought him up." The blonde raised a brow at this. "That may be the reason he skipped town. Not to brag or anything..." he obviously meant to. In his own way, Damon thought it was a fairly 'brag worthy' moment.

    "When we were in Chicago, Rebekah and him got really tense when Stefan brought up a Mikael. I'm sure now, that this is the same one. Him bringing it up is what sort of caused us to come back." She sighed, picking up a sticky note and scribbling something's down.

     As she placed it onto his name, Damon snorted beside her. "Original father? God that sounds like a prophet."

     Eleanor shouldered him, as she brushed past and went to grab more coffee for herself.

   By now, it was only Eleanor and Alaric at his apartment. After ordering food, they'd both settled down and began working out guesses as to what everything could be. Deciding to start out easy, Eleanor pointed out the sun could be about vampires, due to the sun curse put on them. Now, a bold sticky note was attached to it reading: VAMPIRE. Alaric took the next crack at it, by pointing towards what could be assumed as the moon, and debated that it could be about werewolves due to the full moon. Eleanor had quickly agreed, scribbling down WEREWOLF and sticking it onto the photograph.