Chapter 5 - White

Your pov-
White was always scary to visit. It's not that she had ever done anything to hurt or upset me, it's just... her aura. Even the other diamonds seem to be afraid of her at points. White overall is very intimidating, but she is very wise as well. It's nice to hear stories from her about her colonies and her work.

I place my hand on the identification pad next to her door like I've done many times before and walked through the now open doors. "Sunlight! How are you?" The bright woman beamed... no, literally. This lady looks like a freaking light beam, putting a new meaning behind 'shine bright like a diamond'.

"I am well, thank you White. And you?"
"Good, good. I called you to discuss something." I cock my head in anticipation. If White called me here to begin with it must be important. The fact she's facing me, and not her work makes me think this must be even more important than usual.

"The only reason I tolerate you is because you are possibly the most perfect organic I've ever encountered. In homeworld standards, I'd rank you on par with a pearl." This saddened me a little, although the pearls that I've encountered are nice, I don't like being thought of as such a low class being.

"But the thing is, Sunlight I see potential in you. Not as a human, but as a gem. A diamond." This confused me greatly, I'm nothing but a weak human. Sure, mom lets me train with her pearl regularly as I've done for years, but this seemed wrong.

"White, I don't understand. I'm a human...humans can't be gems. I don't have the power you, Yellow, Blue and mom have!" Using the end of her nail to point my head back up towards her, she smiles. "You're right, Red. Humans can't be gems, let alone diamonds. You should know I know this better than any one else." She takes her nail away. "But maybe when you're done being a human, we'll see. By the way, I'd advise you drop that silly habit of calling Pink by that organic term, it doesn't sit right with me"
I look up at her in confusion "done being a human, doesn't sit righ-" she cuts me off  "I have work to attend to now. My pearl will escort you out. Goodbye, Sunlight." Before I could say anything else or even make a noise, white pearl had virtually glided across the ground, shoving me out of the room and staring at me with that same creepy smile she always wore.

The doors closed.