Chapter 16 - Arrangements

Blue's pov (DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING, HUH?)-

A call comes from the diamond line, interrupting my thoughts. Without moving my head to look, I usher my pearl to engage the call.
"Blue, so wonderful to speak to you again."

My eyes widen as I jolt to face the caller on the other end.

White....

She never calls, this must be important then.

"White! It's good to hear from you as well I-"
"No time for small talk, Blue. You need to get to Homeworld as soon as possible. It's important, you must leave your work where it is. I'll give you fifteen Saturn days to make it here, if you aren't back in that time, I'll be forced to carry this out with your absence."

I shiver at her words, she's always been so commanding...

"White, I don't understand, what has happe-" the taller gem cuts me off once again.
"Blue. You will obey this order. You are needed on homeworld."
I sigh in defeat, I should just go, I'm needed apparently. I nod my head in agreement as she smiles before bidding me a safe trip and letting her pearl disconnect the line.

Combing a hand through my hair, I realize I should set up to get going, I can't be late, White wouldn't like that. As I stand up and prepare to tell my pearl to set up my arm ship, the diamond line starts to ring again. An anxious feeling makes its way from my stomach to my thoat, did White forget to say something? Despite my sudden feeling of dread, I tell pearl to pick up the call. She does so and the screen lights up with a familiar yellow figure, washing away my fear almost completely.

"Blue, did White contact you as well?"

I smile a little at her blunt ways.
"Straight to the point as always, Yellow. Yes, I got a call from her. She told me to come back to Homeworld... did she tell you the same?"

"Yes... she gave me fifteen Saturn days...do you know why she's in such a rush?"

I sigh, rubbing my temple. "No idea, all I know is we have to get back quickly before we get on her bad side."
The lemon colored woman infront of me nods in agreement before we exchange our goodbyes, the diamond line being cut once again.

"Pearl, get my ship ready. You already know why."
The small, pale blue gem nods "Of course, my Diamond."

---
Hey guys! Consider dropping me a coffee on my Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/shuena every bit helps me put out more of these stories :)