Chapter 26 - The Power of Emotions

Your pov-

"Earth" I state, a certain firmness in my voice.
"Excuse me... Red Diamond, the Earth colony is long destroyed... you wouldn't want to go there, would you?" Peridot questions as I shoot her a look. "Peridot, I wish to travel to Earth."
"R-right, I am aware, your clarity... but the planet is riddled with disgusting organics! There's nothing of use to take notes on."
I breathe in sharply before completely losing it. "Are you challenging my decision, Peridot? Because, we're still on Homeworld, I can have you replaced at any moment." Standing up from my chair, Peach steps back a little. The peridot stutters before forming the diamond salute once more as if to try and protect herself. I clench my hands into fists out of frustration as an almost burning sensation surrounds them. "My Diamond! Please forgive her! There's no need for violence! She's a transition peridot! Not quite era 1 or era 2!" I give Peach a questionable look "What gave you the idea of physical violence coming into thi- OH MY STARS!" Looking down at my hands, I suddenly am able to connect the dots on why my hands felt so warm. There happened to be an almost magical crimson aura around them, flickering ever so slightly as I wave my palm in front of my face slowly... the aura acts almost like a flame, like I'm holding a ball of fire - a mini red sun. The flames disappear as quickly as they came, the feeling still lingering on my fingertips. "Wow... that's never happened before when I get mad..." I breathe.
"My Diamond... are you okay?" Peach asks in a cautious tone.
"I'm fine, thank you Pearl." I step forward and quickly help Peridot who had somehow fallen down on the floor of the hand-like ship in this ordeal up.
The green gem tenses as I help her stand on her own, obviously confused about the sudden change in my mood,  a gem of high status - specifically a diamond - touching a middle class gem, ect.
"Sorry about that, I suppose I owe you two an explanation on why I acted that way...but first, Peridot, set course for Earth. I'll tell you two on the way there." I let take my hand away from my pilot's shoulder as she nods and quickly gets back to work.
"My Diamond, you don't owe us anything, we live to serve you, not question."
"That's beside the point, Peach. I want to explain, you deserve to know more than anyone I know, and I can tell you and Peridot are close, so I trust her with this as well."

---
Hey guys! Consider dropping me a coffee on my Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/shuena every bit helps me put out more of these stories :)