Chapter 28 - Seaweed

Your pov-

It's been so long since I've felt the feeling of sand specks kick up against my legs as I run, I truely missed it. Laughing, I let go of Dot's and Peach's hands before allowing myself to slip back and land in the sand below me with a small 'thump'.
Both gems stare at me concerned, as if I've gone crazy.
"Are you alright, Red?" Peridot quickly offers a hand to which I grab, but instead of letting her help me up, I pull her down with me, snorting in amusement as she squeaks before hitting the sand next to me.
"Lighten up a little... I want to welcome you to my first home."
Pearl looks at both Peridot and I for a second before turning her back and crossing her hands over her chest. She lets herself fall back and lands to my right with a soft 'pap'.
"Red, did I do it right?"
I stiffen a laugh as I pull her close into a hug.
"It was perfect!"
A little shocked by the gesture, she stiffens slightly before relaxing and hugging back.
"Oh my diamond... this is SO COOL!"
Turning to my left, I realize Peridot has run off and come back with... a slimey plant vine?

"I found it by the shore! Isn't it awesome?!" Her eyes turn to stars as she waves the mushy, wet vine around.
"I... actually don't know what that is", poking the plant, I rack my brain trying to think of what it could be.
"I believe it's what the natives to this area call 'seaweed', my Diamond." Peach speaks, seeming proud of herself for being able to provide such facts about the planet. I gasp in relisation, "Imagine the other plants we could find! Imagine the animals!" Bouncing with excitement, I almost miss a green blur being hurled into Pearl's face. I snap my attention over to see Peach peeling the 'seaweed' off her face, an almost disgusted expression graced her features. Dot covers her mouth as she tries to suppress a laugh. Realizing what had just happened, I burst into a fit of giggles before hearing a small 'slap' sound followed by a cool, slimey feeling on my upper arm. Pearl's eyes widen as she goes to apologize, but before a single word exits her mouth, I peel the seaweed off my arm and throw it onto her chest.
Surprised, Peach frantically scratches at the slimey plant piece, finally letting it fall to the ground.
Peridot literally falls to the ground in a fit of manic laughter as I try to keep my legs from giving out as I hug my sides, giggles escaping my lips every few seconds.
Peach looks up and sighs before smiling and giggling along lightly.

---
Hey guys! Consider dropping me a coffee on my Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/shuena every bit helps me put out more of these stories :)