Chapter 31 - A Need for Answers

I feel a smile pull at my lips as tears prick at the corners of my eyes.
"Yes, yes it is!" I'm suddenly pulled into a hug, a soft, welcoming, yet awkward hug due to my new stature and my mother's now altered height.
"I thought I lost you! You were dead! You were gone! Yet - you're here, different but here!"
"This is unheard of... a human becoming a gem..." mom's pearl mumbles, containing her own excitement as she clutches her hands together in front of her chest.

The fusion stands in thought, her shade hiding any emotion that would be present in her eyes from her peers. "I suppose we should take the three of them back and discuss things further, this situation is quite odd, I can't see any paths that make them out to be a threat, but the paths I do see are quite hazy..."

It clicks with me that part of the fusion would have to be a sapphire for her to be able to predict the future like this. My mother has quite the following down here on Earth it seems, but they seem to look at her as an equal... I like the thought of that.

"Hi, I'm Amethyst! Nice to meet you..."
"P-peridot. I'm a Peridot."
"Heyyyy! We're about the same height, shorty squad!" Amethyst pulls the shy green gem into a bone crushing hug, triggering a laugh out of Peach and a squeak out of Dot.

"Amethyst! Be nice to the poor gem! She looks shellshocked!" Mom's pearl squawks as Peach places a hand on her shoulder.
"It's fine, Dot needs more social interaction anyway."
"Hey!"
I smile at the scene before looking back to my mother, "we have a lot to discuss." She smiles almost sadly, turning her head in the direction of what seemed to be some type of rocky structure resembling a multi-armed woman, her pink locks bouncing with the movement.

"Yes... we do."