28 - You're cute

I followed the boys outside to Ashton's car and couldn't help but smile as Mikey and Ashton bickered over who would be DJing on the way back to Michael's car.

I stopped at the car and Ashton walked around to the driver's side to get in.

"Thanks for letting me stay for dinner. And I'm glad you're okay, Bea," Ashton said drumming his hands on top of the car.

"Thanks, Ashton. And you're welcome anytime for food. My family loves to feed people," I laughed.

"I'll let you two say goodbye," he said wiggling his eyebrows before climbing into the car.

Michael closed the space between and slipped his arms around my waist. He smiled down at me for a while without saying anything.

"What?" I asked playing with his shirt collar on the back of his neck.

"Nothing," he smiled, "You're just cute."

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes.

Our eyes met and silently asked to kiss me as we leaned in. The kiss was warm and slow, making me almost forget that Ashton was just in the car behind us.

I pulled away smiling and reminded him we had an audience. Michael chuckled and shook his head.

"Don't mind Ash," he said leaning in for another kiss, "pretend it's just us."

I crinkled my nose at the feel of his scruff on my lips and he pulled back.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's a little prickly," I said running my fingers over his mustache.

"Sorry, I shaved recently so it's going to be prickly as it grows back. I can shave it all off if you want?" He asked.

"No, you don't have to do that just for me. Besides, I like your scruff. It suits you," I smiled.

"Oh yeah?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah," I chuckled pecking his lips.

"When can I see you again?"

"Um, probably the weekend. I work all week," I said thinking about how I wish I could spend every day with him.

He sighed and thought to himself.

"You're probably right. Maybe we can do another movie night at my place on Friday?" He suggested.

"Okay. I'd like that."

"Okay. I'll text you later, Bea."

We kissed one last time and I thought he was going to release me but he pulled me in for a warm hug.

"Goodnight," he whispered into my hair.

He kissed the top of my head before letting go and getting into the car. I waved them off and walked inside already wishing it was Friday.

Bea, you're ridiculous. You need to get it together.

When I got inside I took off my shoes and climbed upstairs.

"Bea?" My mom called from her room.

"Yeah?"

"Come here, please," she called out.

I followed her orders and went into her room. She was in her closet ironing one of dad's shirts.

"What's up?" I asked leaning against the door frame.

"So, what'd the doctor say exactly?" She asked flattening out one of the sleeves.

"Oh, about my arm or the iron deficiency?"