Mikey POV Ch 1

I locked my car until I heard it beep and slipped the keys into my back pocket. I pulled the door open and a bell chimed above me as I entered the shop. It was bigger than I anticipated from seeing the outside and pictures on Instagram. There wasn't anyone at the counter, so I peered around to one of the cubicles and a man looked up at me.

"Oh, hey, sorry," he placed his tattoo gun down and told his client to 'hang on just a second' before standing up and greeting me properly. 

"How's it going?" he asked nodding his head.

"Good, I was wondering if you had any space for a walk-in?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah, yeah. Just wait at the counter, I'll get someone to help you."

I nodded and thanked him before walking over to the counter. I leaned on the glass as I glanced at the photos that were framed on the wall behind the counter.

I heard him yell someone's name at the back of the store and a few moments later saw her approaching the counter. She was wearing some jeans and a sweater that shrugged off her shoulder. I noticed a scar below her collar bone, but she pulled some of her brown curls in front of her to cover it almost subconsciously. She stepped behind the counter and flashed a smile at me.

"Hey, how's it going?" she asked, her brown eyes looking intently at me.

"Good," I smiled, taken by her bubbly personality.

"So, whatcha looking for?"

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and placed it on the counter when I had the picture up. 

"Skyline, wrapped around my bicep," I explained. 

I watched as she glanced at the photo and scanned my upper body. I flexed my biceps when her gaze landed on my arm with the space for the tattoo. 

"Size?" she asked, her eyes meeting mine.

"Uh," I paused, raising my brows and smirking watching as her eyes widened, "about this--" I measured about two inches with my thumb and finger and placed it on my arm above my elbow. 

She looked like she was blushing at my joke but she responded, "Okay, let me see who's available next."

"Okay," I smiled standing up from the counter. 

I watched as she walked from behind the counter and looked me up and down. I'm sure she thought she was being discreet, but I noticed how her gaze lingered on my piercings. 

How did someone so innocent end up working at a tattoo shop?

She was gone for less than a minute before returning with a smile.

"So, it looks like we've got someone who can sort you out. If you wanna come back in about 15 or 20, Ale can draw up a stencil."

"Yeah, cool," I smiled, excited to finally be completing my sleeve. 

I picked up my phone from the counter and she instructed me to email her the photo. 

"Got it," I said taking the business card from her hand, "thanks."

I turned around and walked back outside. I ran my hands through my hair as I contemplated what to do for twenty minutes. I pulled my sunglasses out and put them on my face before taking a look around. I noticed some empty tables in front of the cafe next door so I took a seat and pulled out my phone. I scrolled through Instagram then pulled up the security cameras at the coffee shop. I trusted my employees, but I liked checking in to make sure things were going okay while I wasn't there. This was one the first days that I had taken off since opening it. I chuckled as I saw Caroline trip and drop a tray of baked goods.