Mikey's POV Ch 21

I was disappointed that she was sitting so far away from me and I fought the urge to reach out and touch her or hold her hand. As we watched the movie I caught her staring at me a few times. It felt so good to be looked at by someone like I was worth something. I smiled to myself as I turned off the tv.

"Enjoy the view?" I asked.

"What?" she asked as if I had caught her red-handed.

"Sorry," I smirked, "I mean the film you barely watched?"

She stared at me like a deer in the headlight, "What do you mean? I watched the movie..."

I felt bad embarrassing her.

"Relax, Bea, I'm just messing with you. But I did catch you staring at me a couple times," I said.

She apologized and I was feeling guilty for teasing her so much. I couldn't help it. She was just so fucking cute when she blushed.

"Don't apologize. I was just teasing," I said as I turned my body on the sofa to face her. 

"Come here," I said as I patted the sofa in front of me. 

She barely moved, smiling to myself I said, "Closer. I won't bite, I promise."

She finally moved closer to me, so much so that our knees were touching, and stared at me biting her lip. God those lips.

I licked my lips instinctively, wanted to reach out and kiss her, but I held back and instead took a moment to study her. Her hand suddenly reached out and traced the outline of the ink on my neck. It sent shivers down my body and I hoped that she couldn't tell what she was doing to me.

"What's this one?" she asked, looking up at me with her big brown eyes.

"I'll show you," I said, pulling my hoodie and shirt over my head.

"These," I said pointing to the tops of my shoulders and taking a moment to determine what I wanted to say, "are Roman numerals of some special dates in my life."

She traced them and followed the lion roaring on my peck until she reached my arm. Fuck! My heart was thumping against my chest so hard I was sure that she could hear it from where she sat.

She asked me a question and I had to rack my brain to process what she said. 

"Uh," I twisted my body to show her my shoulder, "this one."

I couldn't take it anymore and I leaned in closer to her, staring into her eyes hoping that she wanted me to kiss her. She suddenly closed the space between us and pressed her lips against mine. I let my hands slip behind her head and into her hair as I kissed her back. Her hands ran up my chest and I pushed her hips back so that she was laying flat on the sofa below me. I hungrily reconnected our lips and let the sensation of her hands stroking up and down my back overtake me. She gripped the back of my neck and I slid my hand along her waist. She let out a moan and I wanted to make her do it again. 

She suddenly pushed against my chest and I disconnected our lips as quickly as it had started. I caught my breath as I sat on the far end of the sofa. God, Michael you told her that you weren't going to pull any moves. 

"Fuck, I'm sorry," I apologized, looking away angry with myself for letting things get so heated. 

"It's okay, you didn't do anything wrong. I just, I wanted to stop," she said making me look back at her.

I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed, still disappointed that I had let myself get carried away when I had promised that I wasn't going to do that with her.

"I shouldn't have done that without asking, I'm sorry. I swear I wasn't trying to sleep with you," I realized that sounded even worse, so I tried to correct myself, "I mean, not that I don't want to," he stuttered, "fuck, you know what I'm trying to say."

Fuck, Michael. You're such an idiot.

I noticed that she returned to sitting inches away from me and grabbed my hands, interlacing our fingers.

"Sh," she said, "I liked the kissing. I just want to take things slow. Okay?"

"Of course," I smiled, nodding. 

I let out a breath of relief as I watched her walked into the kitchen and grab her glass of water.

God, she's fucking perfect. I can't fuck this up.