Chapter 5 ~ Microwave Smoke

Things in the house had been peaceful with Alex and I. Hating him was becoming harder and harder. The plan I had made to make him hate me has evaporated in my mind.

I think I might have a crush on the beautiful boy.

No, that's just silly Jack! Knock some sense into yourself.

Alex was sleeping in late because he took that nap in my room yesterday evening so he probably was up later then he usually would have. It was about noon and my stomach kept growling and being a nuisance so I took it upon myself to make some pizza rolls. I read all the instructions carefully I put them in the microwave and trudged back upstairs. Plopping myself down on my bed, I realized how comfortable my bed actually was. And before I could hear the beeping of the microwave I fell into a world of sleep.

~

"Wake up you ass!" Alex's charming voice shook me out of my deep slumber.

"Yes." I said in a hazy tone.

"You left the microwave on!" He shouted. when my eyes focused on my surrounds I noticed the smoke that filled the room.

"Oh my god! My pizza rolls!" I cried jumping up and pushing past Alex to get into the kitchen.

~

Alex and I had eliminated most of the smoke, but the air around us was still misty.

"This is why you need a babysitter!" Alex let out an exasperated sigh, placing his hands on his wait.

"Ugh I'm sorry I was a little tired from helping you sleep last night!" Whoops wasn't suppose to let that slip. Alex eyes widened.

"What?"

"You were having a nightmare and it looked pretty bad so I held you hand to make it stop." I shrugged kicking the ground beneath me.

"Oh thank you, yea I have pretty frequent nightmares, there usually not that bad but I don't remember the one from my nap so I guess you did help me." He laughed a little as a blush spread on both of our faces. Alex walked closer to me and wrapped his arms around me bringing us into a hug. I tightened my grip around the thin boy taking in the moment. When he pulled away he did something I didn't expect.

He kissed my cheek.

His eyes widened and he ran up the stairs. Oh my god, Alex Gaskarth had just kissed me.

~

At around 10pm I was still sat on my bed a hand placed on my cheek. I can't believe he kissed me. I heard a creak come from my door and a very small looking Alex stood behind it. "Um I was having a bad dream and now I can't go back to sleep maybe we can sit in my room and talk I don't know?" His voice occasionally cracked. I ripped the covers off myself and jumped over to where Alex stood. We slowly walked to my parents room in silence.

He laid down first on his back and I laid next to him on my side so I could look at him. He did the same. Out of the blue I place an arm on his waist and rubbed his back pulling us closer together to the point where our foreheads were almost touching. I watched as the beautiful boys eyes fluttered shut and a smile made it's way on my face.

I placed a soft kiss on his forehead before trying to sleep myself.

~

Just so you know, the microwave thing happened to me.

mY BROTHER LEFT FUCKING RICE IN THE MICROWAVE AND IT BURNT AND THERE WAS SMOKE EVERYWHERE AND ONLY HIM, HIS GRILFRIEND, AND I WERE HOME SO WE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

With Love,

~Lauren ^-^