Friends and Fears

You slowly walked along the hallway, your intended destination being the bathroom. The water was making your clothes stick to your skin. On route, you managed to unfortunately catch the attention of the principal, who was striding towards you with an expression that was most definitely not happy.

"Y/n", she called out imperiously "What on earth are you doing, you are making a complete mess of the floor".

Your explanation died on your lips as she raised her hand, effectively silencing you. "You know what, I don't wanna hear it, detention after school, you can clean all the floors you dripped on". Your eyes widened in horror at the unfairness, but she stalked off before you could protest.

"Y/n?".

"Suzie", you breathed out in utter relief as you turned to face your best and only friend in the school. She took one look at your appearance, and her face fell in pity and understanding. She didn't get bullied, but she had seen it, and always protected and defended you no matter what. She pulled you into a hug, despite the fact that you were soaking.

"Come on, I have a spare uniform in my locker", she said, you tried not to laugh. Only someone like her would have a spare uniform.

------------

It was official.

You really really hated your principal.

She ended up making you clean every damn floor in the school, for no reason?! It was so late, the rest of the students had long gone home. The pale orange sunset that was streaked with red was visible through the huge windows of the main entrance hall, the last floor you had to do before you were free. Everything was bathed in golden light and it was actually quite peaceful. Still, you wanted to get home.

You stretched after you put away the mop, your shoulders were stiff and sore. You grabbed your bag and finally left the building.

The beautiful light from the sun going down was now gone, and it had faded into dusk. It was beginning to get cold, you noticed. You didn't have a coat, it got soaked earlier. Of course, it was the only thing that didn't dry out in time, due to the heavy material. You shivered, but braved yourself.

"15 minutes y/n, you can do this", you told yourself firmly. 15 minutes of walking and you were home.

You felt uneasy, perhaps because of the darkness that was slowly creeping over the city. You shook your head vigorously to clear your mind and started walking, but the tension never left. It felt like you were being watched. The buildings around you were casting long, ominous, distorted shadows onto the ground. You felt vulnerable and scared.

You were only a few streets away from the comfort of your home, and the nervousness was just beginning to fade, when you were grabbed by the back of your collar and pulled into a pitch black alley.

You tried to scream, but your mouth was instantly covered with a hand. They held you in an iron grip that there was no way you could possibly escape from. You couldn't see anything properly and you felt the panic and terror begin to seep in. You struggled violently, but the stranger didn't seem to affected by it at all. They pulled you further back, out of sight of the street.

You could feel your heart pounding through your entire body and tears began to fall down your cheeks. Then a sinking feeling of dread coursed through you when you felt teeth against your skin.

It was a vampire.

You didn't think it was one of the boys, as they had people practically lining up to offer their blood, so that means it must be a rogue, a wild vampire. Which means that they'll probably leave you for dead once they are finished.

Without making a single sound, they sank their fangs into you. And you were overcome with a blinding pain. It was like fire and ice all at once, piercing through your very being. You cried out in agony, but it was muffled by their hand. They drank and drank, it felt like an eternity to you, although in reality it was probably only about a minute. You could feel the pull of your blood rushing to the spot where they sucked at your throat. Your eyes rolled upwards as you felt nausea and dizziness washing over you.

All of a sudden, the pain that previously poured through your veins faded into beautiful relief as he pulled his teeth out. The bite on your shoulder still held the icy fire, but it was almost insignificant compared to before, like a small wave after a tsunami.

They dropped you onto the ground without a second thought. A small gasp of pain escaped your lips at the impact against the freezing floor of stone. There was a small whisper of wind, and the dark shadow that had towered over you seconds ago disappeared.

You tried so hard to get up, but all you could manage was half lifting your torso to rest against the wall. He didn't heal the wound. Was this the end?

You began to cry from the pain, both physical and emotional. ''I don't want to die'', you whispered into the dark night, you could see your breath condensing in front of you. You slowly leaned your head back against the wall. Your heartbeat was slowing down and the adrenaline was wearing off, allowing you to become hyper-aware of the cold temperatures. How much longer you wondered. How much time do I have left on this earth?

''Jin, I can smell blood, and a lot of it''.

--------

is that a cliffhanger? ;)

i am way too into this book tbh

vote and comment :) ily all

(unedited; probably so many mistakes)