Whispers and Warnings

So I know I had promised an update a little while back, but uhm.

Just don't trust anything I say  :)

Who else is playing bts world? I simultaneously love and hate it lol.

But wanted to ask something.

This book is at 5k, what the heck. I hate to admit this, but I kinda wanted to cry when I saw. Thank you all so so so much for reading, voting, and leaving the most hilarious and sweet comments.

I kinda wanna do something special for it, but I honestly have no idea what I could do, so do you have any suggestions?

I mean, it is to celebrate y'all really, seeing as you beautiful people are still reading my awful book.

Let me know if you can think of anything.

-------------------------

You felt like you were on the verge of death.

You never thought it would end quite like this.

But let's be honest.....

Nobody ever really anticipates dying from falling off a mini stepladder attempting to create the perfect pyramid of organic tinned tomatoes.

Thankfully, the old lady who was supervising your first day of work managed to grab the back of your ugly bright orange t-shirt that was required for uniform.

She didn't seem to like you much, or rather who you were associated with.

She had given you a welcoming smile initially, but it soured almost instantly as soon as she saw the tall vampire behind you, despite him leaving fairly quickly. Hoseok had accompanied you, he told you that they needed to be more careful now that you had the nightmare. However, he and Taehyung also decided against telling the others, which made you suspect this whole thing went deeper than what you knew.

You were guessing that this Eunha person was a figure from their past, but what on earth happened to make them react so violently at even a mention of her name? Come to think of it...

"I'm curious baby", he finally said. "Maybe it's pure chance, maybe it's something else. I haven't had blood like that since-", he cut himself abruptly, his eyes darkening to a violent black.

"Since what?", you pressed, you were curious now too. He glared at you suddenly, baring his fangs as he snarled viciously and slammed his fist into the wall beside you. You flinched, and his expression softened.

"Sorry", he whispered guiltily. "I didn't mean to do that, but I can't talk about it".

Was Taehyung referring to Eunha perhaps? This was very mysterious, you were determined to find out more.

You were snapped out of your daze by a magazine being whacked across the back of your head.

"We're closed now", the old lady said shortly. You glanced at the clock in confusion. It was quarter to eight.

"But it's fifteen minutes early-", your words died in surprise as she grabbed your wrist and pulled you into the small storeroom behind the counter. It was dark, and filled with boxes of goods, so there wasn't much space between you and her. She was very small, even to someone like you, so her face was practically in your neck as she gazed up at you. She no longer looked irritated, but.. concerned?

"You have to be careful girl, be careful of what you're dealing with", she whispered, eyes filled with worry and fear. "They're no good". She gripped you tighter. "They will bring misfortune upon you, mark my words".

"What's your problem?", you were highly confused, but also felt scared by the woman's warning. "They only came to this town a few years ago, what have they ever done to you?".

"They didn't come to this town", she said quietly. "They came back".

You opened your mouth to say something, but couldn't find any words. They had been here before?

"How do you know that?", you finally asked. 

"A tale, passed down to me from my grandmother, who got it from her grandmother", she sighed. "She was a maid in a castle on the outskirts of town. It's in bits now, completely ruined, I'm sure you've seen it". 

You had actually, many times, but only from a distance. It was huge, situated on a hill overlooking miles of woodland. Despite it's broken state, it still held a majestic aura, from a time that was long gone.

"The castle and the surrounding was ruled by seven vampires, each more beautiful than the last. But one was always warned against them, they were evil. They drank blood with no abandon, they felt no pity for the humans whom they drank from. They got worse as time went on, it's said that the rivers ran red with blood sometimes", she took a deep breath.

"Then one day they began to be accompanied by a girl, they adored her, she was a human, but obviously something about her must have been different. They stopped drinking other people's blood, peace claimed the land. But something happened between them, I don't know what. A vile darkness spread over the castle, and one by one, everyone left, my great-great-grandmother included. She said it was unbearable, many feared for their lives simply because of the atmosphere. The vampires vanished after a while, but nobody ever returned, the castle has been empty and abandoned ever since. To this day, nobody has dared set foot in it, the tale may be mostly lost, but the darkness of the past events still lives on".

"You don't know it was them for sure", you whispered, your eyes wide, and your heart filled with conflicted emotions. She depicted the vampires as crazy beings, nothing like the civilized boys you knew. But then again, you could see some of them acting that way.

(*cough* Taehyung *cough*)

"Of course I don't", she said simply. "But you can never be too careful dear". She opened the door, the bright light causing you to squint. "You better go, he'll be here soon I'm sure". She gave you a disapproving look.

"And fix your scarf, I can see the hickeys all over your neck".

-----------------

Howdy :)

Vote and especially comment of you liked it. I love love love comments.

I hope everybody is happy and healthy. Stay safe.

Peace out uwu