Endings and Ever-afters

there's a chapter before this xx

--------

3 months later

You woke up tangled in Yoongi's and Hoseok's arms. It was early, quiet and peaceful. You didn't move, not wanting to disturb them, and the other five, who were all sprawled with you on their living room floor.

In the aftermath of everything that happened, you grew closer and closer, until all your lives were so deeply intertwined that were was no possibility of you ever separating.

You knew all their secrets, their hopes, their dreams, their fears. And it took a while, but they eventually coaxed yours out too. 

Your relationship terrified them at first, because they hadn't been so involved with a person since Eunha. If you were being honest, you weren't used to having that many people in your life full stop, and you still found them intimidating.

You weren't really sure what to call them. They weren't your boyfriends officially, but you were far closer than ordinary friends. Friends with benefits was not a fitting title either, you had too much of an emotional connection.

"Penny for your thoughts princess?".

Yoongi's morning voice was husky and muted, he gazed at you with squinted, sleepy eyes. You shrugged.

You had recently found out that Yoongi had sneakily arranged a better paid job for your mother while you were unconscious, allowing her to pay the bills. He had taken the warning notice the day you fought. He hadn't told the others though, out of respect for your privacy, until you were comfortable enough to tell them yourself about your past struggles.

She hadn't questioned you too much about your disappearance, just mildly scolding you for not letting her know in advance.

"And really y/n you ought to be careful", she warned. "I know they're your friends, but boys will be boys, and they are vampires. Don't look at me like that, everyone knows".

The memory still makes you laugh. If she knew what they were really like.

You hadn't lied about it exactly, but you had decided it would be best to omit the detail that they sometimes drank your blood.

Ok, often drank your blood.

"Everything ok?". Namjoon's bed hair appeared over Hoseok's shoulder, making you laugh. He narrowed his eyes at you playfully, but let it go, slumping back onto the blankets.

"I'm too tired for this", he groaned.

"Too tired for y/n? You're such a disgrace", Taehyung sniffed, sitting up and yawning.

He doesn't deserve you babygirl his voice echoed smugly in your mind.

The others often whined about the fact that Taehyung could speak to you in your head, that it was unfair. The amount of times he would make an inappropriate joke in your head, causing you to burst out laughing for no reason in the middle of a conversation with someone else. 

You didn't mind it though, because if you were feeling down, between him and Jimin you found it easier to communicate your thoughts, rather than trying to explain in words to the others.

Hoseok had woken up by now, blinking slowly.

"Good morning", he whispered, pulling you down to kiss you softly.

The others were good at comforting you, but Hoseok always knew exactly what to do and say. He was the one who appeared in your room late at night if you were having a bad dream or couldn't sleep. Sometimes he'd bring Namjoon with him, and they'd both lie with you in your bed, even thought it became very cramped when you did so. You'd just hold each other and talk about trivial things until the early hours of the morning.

Jin would always give out upon you arriving with tired circles under your eyes after those nights, but he never truly got cross, just kiss your nose or forehead, and slide breakfast over to you, mumbling something about "kids" and "no responsibility".

"Jimin, get your foot out of my face", Jungkook's voice groaned in disgust from somewhere to your left.

"You should appreciate my beautiful feet", Jimin replied haughtily. Your shoulders were shaking from laughter, Jin was openly giggling.

You heard a thump, and a soft "oof" before Jungkook yanked Yoongi out of the way, and wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Jimin is a bully", he whined softly. "He's abusing me for his foot fetish".

"I do not have a foot fetish!",  his indignant reply came almost instantly.

You decided to play along with Jungkook.

"Jimin has a foot fetish?!", you whispered in mock horror.

"I DO NOT!!".

You all laughed at the small blonde, who was now sitting up and glaring at the youngest.

"Oh shit, y/n protect me", Jungkook whimpered, easily lifting your body so you were positioned between him and Jimin.

"That's a preferable prize Kookie", Jimin smirked, eyeing you lazily. He unfurled himself and crawled over to you.

"Nuh-uh, no way".

Taehyung reached over and pulled you away, leaning against the sofa and tucking you in his lap.

"It's too early Jimin, get your horny ass away", he smiled. "We don't want anything to do with your weird kinks".

Jimin went red with annoyance, and groaned that he did not have a fucking foot fetish.

You watched the interaction happily, but felt confusion wash over you once again as you wondered what they were to you, and you to them.

Taehyung buried his head in the crook of your neck and kissed you softly. 

"What's up babygirl?", he asked gently.

"What are we?", you asked quietly, a hush fell over the room.

"Well", he replied, glancing around at the others, you watched them all nod. "We would like to call it...".

"Soulmates", Hoseok smiled.

"Soulmates", Jin echoed softly.

Soulmates?

Yeah, you liked the sound of that.

The End