chapter three ♣ life after death

" Hewu! Ezechukwu, me ro. Ki è biezi wan tan?" Mrs. Ndukwe asked rhetorically, in igbo. She was already hysterical, pacing all around, finally sitting down on a nearby couch. Oh God! where was her child? It was already 12:30pm and they were already calling them from the church to ask where they were. Her husband had to lie that they were on their way already, when in actual fact, they couldn't even find the bride!
"mummy don't worry. Calm down, she'll be back. She wouldn't dare miss her own wedding." Ella said, coming to seat beside her mom on the couch to calm her down, with tears flowing softly down her own face. Call it twin's intuition, but she could feel as if something was terribly wrong. This wasn't just Ajora going on a long walk and running late. No. Something bad had happened out there and she didn't know what. She fervently hoped that she was terribly wrong. Her father had walked out to the front porch, making different phone calls to his various associates. Practically everyone he knew was out there looking for his child, in every nook and cranny of Lagos. They were all in the sitting room well dressed. The wedding planners, ashoebe girls, some of her parent's very close friends, the Njokwus' and the Onwukas', plus Bea, Esther, Nowe, and Miracle, their closest friends.
Ella knew how important this wedding was to her parents. It was going to be one of the biggest, grandiose weddings, in the history of Nigeria. The joining of two very powerful families. The Ndukwes' and the Edobor-Uzameres'. Christopher was the twenty fifth son of the Oba of Benin, and the nephew to the president of Nigeria. His full name was Edobor-uzamere Osarodion Oghosa Christopher Dozie-Williams, with his middle name and surname being compound names. He was an actual prince.
So her parents badly needed this wedding to happen to further uplift their status, and that was one of the reasons why mummy was looking so dejected and lost....and a bit scared. Because no one, absolutely no one, got away with defying or disappointing the Oba of Benin. Which is what they were on their way to doing, if Ajora didn't show up any time from now. This was a wedding that had been planned by the parents, long before the couple even knew themselves. An arranged marriage, sort of. Years of meticulous planning and preparation had gone into the making of this day and everything was so perfect. They were all well dressed and prepared right now in the sitting room, in flawless attires, all set to go.
Yet the most important person of the day wasn't even present. This, becoming the one and only flaw to today's perfection ceremony.
* * *
Numb. Sore. Numb all over again. This was all she could feel, as the tears flowed softly. Freely. Each had taken turns pounding into her over and over again. No matter how much she'd begged for mercy, until finally, she'd lost her voice. Lost her will.
she hissed sharply in pain as the first guy entered her already sore vagina again. They were going the third round. The four of them had fucked her as a first round, and then they'd done second round. This was the third. She'd purposely zoned out, to forget all the pain and humiliation as she felt him picking up the pace and thrusting harder. She blocked it all out. How come in all her twenty four years on earth, she'd never really stared at the sky this long? Never really noticed just how beautiful the sky was? Never really noticed how the beautiful blue sky was constantly being crowded and obstructed by the white cloudy sky? Why was life so unfair? She slightly wondered. The blue sky had to live its entire life being blocked by the white clouds. If life wasn't even fair to the beautiful blue sky, then who was she to complain when she was just a mere mortal? A mere fragile being. She'd finished medical school from the university of Lagos just last year but had refused to practice till after her wedding. The wedding that was going to be perfect. She hadn't wanted any job distracting her from its planning.
Fate did have a wry sense of humour, she finally conceded. The one thing she'd spent the last one year of her life planning, was the one thing she was never going to attend. You know, maybe there was a God out there after all, who felt that she being the first born, deserved to pay for her parent's mistakes. Family's mistakes. Did she hate her dad? Not really. He too, like herself, was also just another instrument in the hands of fate. Of course she was terribly disappointed. Yes, but did not necessarily hate him. Sex was heavily overrated, she thought. She wanted to say she was tired, Say she was thirsty, anything! Anything at all. But her voice could do no more than a croaky whisper. The tears were drying from her eyes now 'cause honestly, there was nothing left in her to cry out anymore. She'd stopped struggling long ago too. The damage had been done already hadn't it?
The third guy entered her roughly and she hissed in pain again, for the umpteenth time. The pain bringing her once more to the present. To the painful truth of what was happening right now. She'd been holding out her V-card since. Wanting her first time to be special. Special man, special setting, a bed. She rolled her eyes thinking back now on how Foolish and naive she'd been. She knew better now, though. There wasn't anything really special about two people having sex. It was just another male hunk rolling in between the sheets with just another female, with the female feeling nothing but pain.

Dying, to some people, was a thing of joy and embracement, having lived a fulfilling life. To some others, a thing of sorrow and sadness, having gained or achieved nothing out of life. But for her it was different, sort of. She could feel the life force draining out of her, yet she felt oddly... numb. No regrets. No excitement. nothing. Numb.
The fourth guy was on her right now. He was the one who was going to signify the ending of the third round, and the automatic onset of the fourth round, starting with the first guy all over again. Four rounds of each of them for his four sisters. One thing was sure though, she wasn't going to last long enough... live long enough, to see the beginning of the fourth round; and as if on cue, the first drops of what was going to be a heavy rain, fell softly against her cheeks, the white clouds completely covering the blue skies around her. subduing... submerging all the beautiful blue sky. Poor blue. The white had won after all. She could hear the sounds of dusk till dawn. A song sang by Zayn Malik and Sia. She wasn't exactly sure if the song was coming from very far away or from inside her head. Maybe it was her head. Her brain playing one last song for its body. And with that thought in mind, she died. With the last words on her lips being " second chance".

♥. ♥. ♥. ♥. ♥.

Hey guys!
And the third chapter ended just like that!
How was the chapter? Do you like it?

So...
If you liked this chapter, show me that you did by
Commenting (very important)
Clicking the like buttons ( please, this could literarily save a life! In what ways? I'm not sure. Still searching goggle for that. What?! We've all got our problems! *shrugging*

And please follow me on my page. Everyone likes being popular, including me! Jayjay! Actually, that's not my name. My name's Esther. So... Can I get a follower this week? Is that you who's reading this right now? Common! Imma be your sweet sexy angel. Once you leave this page, go follow me pretty please!!! But hey! Make sure you like and comment first. You ain't wanna get on my bitchy side.

Alright. I'm ranting. I'm gonna stop now.

Okay. One benefit of following me? You get additional sneak peeks into the novel, later in the week, paraventure I don't have time to type the next chapter!
So... Regular sneak peeks, first hand views of my regular post, and of course, a sure notification from wattpad, alerting you of whenever I post a new chapter in any of my works, including this one. No, especially this one

Alright. Imma stop now. But please once again
Like
Follow
Comment!!!

Bye dearies. see you in the next chapter!!!