chapter nineteen ♣ still in the past

The past
Wow. They were literarily making history right now! This Flora had obviously repeated the name Nigeria to the next Flora, her child.  And the name had sort of gone through their generation until the right  Flora had said it out loud and had gotten rewarded for it.
“Flora? Flora! There you are” her mom and dad came into view.  Her mom stretched out her arms and Flora immediately stood up and ran into them.
“Mom. Dad. I want you to meet my two new friends. Uh…” she suddenly realized that she’d forgotten to ask them their names. Ajora got the message and quickly covered up by introducing herself.
“Ma’am. I’m Ajora, and this is Ota”
“Ohh. Nice meeting  you. But we’ve got to run along now.  See you around sometime" and with that, they left.
She smiled as she saw them leave.  As she looked down to tell Ota just how cute she thought Flora was, her heart almost stopped. His eyes were closed, her hands shaking, she checked. He’d stopped breathing.
No! No! this can’t be. Think! Think Ajora! Okay what do I do? I’m a doctor right? CPR! She could perform CPR on him! And she immediately proceeded to do just that, using her both hands laced together to pump his chest while she occasionally breathed into his mouth.

“come on Ofe. Come on you’re a fighter dammit! Come on!” she pushed further for a few more minutes. And just before she was about to give up, he suddenly woke up with a jolt, with his breathing sporadic. He immediately started coughing out blood. When he was done, he rested back against her laps.
“ I’m so sorry. I guess for a minute, my  heart stopped huh? I’m sorry”
“Don’t do that again. Please don’t do that again. You scared the living shit out of me!” she screamed out even though deep down, she knew it was going to happen again, and that she was practically talking to a dead man.
“I’m sorry” he repeated again not having the strength to say, any other thing.
“you once asked me to tell you about the guy who’d hurt me.  I don’t know if you’re going to believe what I have to say but I’d feel really bad if I never told you this before you um…before you left. I’m not from this time. I’m actually from the future. And through some sort of window to what I initially thought was hell, I came here...  After being raped to death by four men on my wedding day.
“O…kay… I believe you.  I mean, who’s a dead man to argue what the living think is true?” he said jokingly.
“that isn’t funny”
“I ‘m sorry”
“what I don’t get is you. I mean, in my world, you, king Ota Ofedeje, your  name goes down in history as the man that reunited the five kingdoms in the early centuries. And if I can remember my history lessons correctly, you lived to be a hundred and seven years old. So how come you’re dying right now in your mid-thirties?  Me coming here, coming to the past, am I somehow messing up history? Shortening your life?”
“I highly doubt that I mean, even if you hadn’t showed up, I would have still gone for that war with the  Ogwachukwus right?”
“I don’t know. I’m just so confused right now” she said palming her face.
“you know what? I finally realized that I never really loved Chris. The man I was to marry. I’m so glad that fate decided to take time out to show me what love really is.  God please. Are you really out there? Please I’ll worship you forever, dedicate my whole life to serving you if only you’d spare his life” she said the last sentence, crying again.  Her hand on her mouth to prevent her from screaming out her anguish as she watched him cough out even more blood
With his last breath, he said
“In our next life, if we meet again, I promise to see you first.  I promise to hug you first. I promise to know you first. I promise to kiss you first."
And with that, he died.

“Ahhhh! Ahhhh!!! Ahhhhh!!!” she screamed out loud in alter agony.  What was the point? Fate telling her all about the perfect guy she could fall in love with, even giving her the avenue and the chance to do so, if at the end of the day, she couldn’t be with him? She was in a strange land with her dead lover in her arms.  Madly in love with a dead man. There really was no point in living was there? With her last strength, she pushed both the king’s dead body and herself into the lake.
They were going to be reunited in death.  Drowning was a terrible way to die but she had limited options.  She felt some sort of inner peace, as she let herself sink down to the bottom of the lake.  felt her life force slipping away from her. She briefly wondered just where she was ending up. Heaven or hell this time? It was probably going to be hell though because suicide was a sin right? For real this time, she was going to actually pass through a window, straight to hell.
And with that thought in mind, she died. With all her most innermost wishes and thoughts still intact, preserved in her beautiful, little mind.
***

THE PRESENT
“Chris! Chris!!” Ella called out, as soon as she opened the front door to their house; entering inside.
“yes dear, how was your day? How did your meeting with my mum go?” Chris asked, coming to greet her just by the door and picking her up.
“Ah! Put me down Chris!”
“throw my pregnant wife down? Isn't that too cruel? Never!”
“haha! Very funny” she eyed out sarcastically, albeit with a smile.
He carried her to their sitting room, with her still in his laps, in his arms, he asked again
“how was the meeting?"

. ♥. ♥. ♥. ♥.

Hey guys!
And the chapter ended just like that!
How was the chapter? Do you like it?

So...
If you liked this chapter, show me that you did by
Commenting (very important)
Clicking the like buttons ( please, this could literarily save a life! In what ways? I'm not sure. Still searching goggle for that. What?! We've all  got our problems!  *shrugging*

And please follow me on my page. Everyone likes being popular, including me! Jayjay! Actually, that's not my name. My name's Esther. So... Can I get a follower this week? Is that you who's reading this right now? Common! Imma be your sweet sexy angel. Once you leave this page, go follow me pretty please!!! But hey! Make sure you like and comment first. You ain't wanna get on my bitchy side.

Alright. I'm ranting. I'm gonna stop now.

Okay. One benefit of following me? You get additional sneak peeks into the novel, later in the week, paraventure I don't have time to type the  next chapter!
So... Regular sneak peeks, first hand views of my regular post, and of course, a sure notification from wattpad, alerting you of whenever I post a new chapter in any of my works, including this one. No, especially this one

Alright. Imma stop now. But please once again
Like
Follow
Comment!!!

Bye dearies. see you in the next chapter!!!