Bonue chapter I ♣ Tell a story

hint! Not really a story. I mean, it's a story but not really a story. Lol. alright let me explain myself. I wrote two quick and really short novellas that in no way relates to this novel. But I've decided to drop it here, in this bonus chapter, in this book because the other two novellas are all from the same setting of Nigeria, Africa. Please keep on reading and tell me what you think about the novellas. You just might like it.
__________

FITTING IN

an ESTYSHAWL production...

CHAPTER ONE

seventeen year old Meg gazed soulfully outside, a war of emotions going through her mind. The green convertible she was in, with the glass rolled down, allowed her to look at the streets outside. A lone tear softly slid down her cheeks. When was it going to end? She briefly wondered. The movement from one house to another? For the umpteenth time, she wondered how it would feel like if the whole world loved her, for a change. If The whole world weren't so against her, for a change. Ever since she'd been abandoned by her parents as a child at the age of six in the st. Thomas adoption centre, she'd been moving from one house to another, never staying in one house for more than a year.

She didn't have any high expectations from this family either. The Johansen's. She was glad that finally, in a few months time, she was going to be eighteen and could finally leave the adoption agency to start a life on her own as a young adult. At least she wouldn't have to face the rejection from others again. Three months time Meg. Just bear it all for three more months and then you'll have the right to live on your own finally. She tried to console herself.

She wasn't exactly sure where they were, but she knew for a fact that she was in Benin city 'cause she'd asked the convertible's driver; a man named named Phillip sent by the Johansen's to pick her up.

"We're here already Margarita" Phillip said rustling meg out of her thoughts

She briefly flurried around in the seats but forced herself to calm down. If they were going to reject her, then so be it.
"Thanks a lot Mr Phillips. Um... If you don't mind, I'd rather be called meg rather than margarita. Just meg"

Phillips stared through his front mirror at the ebony skinned girl and grinned devishly

"Alright then. How about we make a deal to drop all the unnecessary formalities? You address me as Phillip. Just Phillip and I'll address you as Meg"

Meg may not have know so much about life but she did know that someone of his age should be given his due respect and be called Mr. But she really didn't want to be called margarita. It brought back old memories that frankly, she'd rather not remember and so, she agreed with Phillip's deal, collected her two duffel bags then got down from the car. Just at that moment, the door of the house opened and she came face to face with her new parents. The Johansen's.

CHAPTER TWO

"Um... Hy? No I'm sorry, that came out way wrong. Good day Mr and Mrs Johansen. Uh... I meant to say mom and dad?" She asked biting her lips, blushing profusely. She'd totally screwed up and embarrassed herself and now, they were going to say they didn't want her anymore. She steeled her features to prepare for the insults she knew was coming.

Nothing could have prepared her for what happened next. Mrs Johansen...uh...mom, immediately ran to Her and gave her a very fierce hug.

"Silly girl. You don't have to be scared or nervous. Good day to you too dear. Welcome to the Johansen home. I really do hope you like it Here" mom said releasing her from the hug.

"I hope so too ma." Gosh! Three more months.

A WEEK LATER.... (At new school)

"Since we have a new student in school, how about she answers this question for a change? Meg, what is the meaning of surreptitious? also synonymous with clandestine?" Mr Efe, our English ss2 teacher asked.