chapter twenty ♣ coming back to the real world

THE PESENT
“Annoying. Boring and then annoying all over again.  I get your dad is the Oba and your mom is one of the Queens in the Benin palace, but that doesn’t mean they have to be so outdated and culture sensitive because the last time I checked, this was the twenty first century and so, people no longer really do those sort of thing anymore. I mean, there are hospitals made for stuffs like that now”
“What…what sort of thing? The pregnancy sacred test and stuffs like that?”
“you’re a prince so you know about all those right? How can your mom, a fellow woman, walk up to me and tell me that for them to be sure that the child is indeed her son’s baby, I’ll have to undergo their own version of a paternity test?  Which involves prayer to the gods and white chalk and native doctors passing their hands through my vagina to feel the child inside me, if its really royalty. I almost puked right there and then when she said it.  And not just that, I was to come back there to spend one week of every month with them, during the duration of the pregnancy, for the monthly consecration of my child.  And when its close to my delivery date, I’ll come and stay with them and they’ll be the ones who’ll deliver my child for me and then I’ll stay there for two months after my delivery, for the final consecration of the child, and to make sure that my body is adjusting back to normal, properly, after the effects of the pregnancy has died down”
“No wonder they didn’t want me to come with you.  My mom truly knows me well. And she knows that I never would have agreed to any of those if it were being said to my face with my wife beside me” chris said with an expressionless face
“you get what I’m saying now, right? I mean, there’s a hospital for these sort of things.  Why are there now hospitals? What’s the use, if people are adamantly and doggedly going to keep on holding to crude and barbaric  cultures?”
“but I don’t think she’s wrong” he said softly
“what? What the hell do you mean by what you just said Chris?"
“Shh…babe..do not take offence on me now alright? I just don’t think she’s entirely wrong. I mean, she’s the wife of the Oba of Benin. It doesn’t get more cultural than that.  Her job basically is to do these sort of things."
“so what exactly are you saying Chris? You want your family to deliver my first child….our first child? And if there’s a complication  then? If something  goes wrong and the child’s life or my life, is in danger what are you going to do then? When like I said before, there are hospitals and professional doctors for these things?” she said honestly baffled, extricating herself from his arms and folding her hands in front of her.
“Elle, I sure wouldn’t want my mom to help give birth to my child. I can’t dare risk it.  All I’m saying is, I’m a prince so I don’t  entirely fault her.  I understand where she’s coming from, because I’m coming from the same place too”.
“hmm…that’s better” she said, smiling and coming into his arms again
“uh…did we just have our first quarrel?” he asked arching on eyebrow
“hmmm….second quarrel. Remember the beach, when you beat up that guy during our honeymoon? That was the first. Plus, I wouldn’t even tag this one as a second quarrel.  Not really.  We were just two normal people having a normal conversation, that got a little bit heated that’s all” she said laughing.
***
ElAjora woke up with a start! Grasping for breath.  Where was she? She slightly wondered. She was lying on the bare  floor. She quickly got up then, She looked down at herself. She still had a body.  She wasn’t a spirit yet. Phew! And another thing shocked her. She was in that white nightgown.   The nightgown she’d been in when she was kidnapped and raped.
Looking around, she realized she was in front of her father’s house, back in her normal timeline again, she'd magically been transported to that same morning all over again. The morning she'd been kidnapped!  She remembered when she’d told her parents that she needed to step outside for a bit to clear her head and that she’d be back before 9am.  Her blood instantly chilled. outright terror gripped her, rooted her to the spot. This was the exact same place, the exact same time, the exact same spot, where she’d been kidnapped, fuck she was even wearing the exact same dress!
Oh my gosh! Move Ajora. Ajora move! She willed herself but her body didn’t let her. She was stuck to that spot!
And just then, an Audi car out of nowhere,  started driving towards her at a neck-breakingly high speed.  Just like the past.  Was history repeating itself again? She was so scared! She willed herself to move! To run back into the house because she didn’t want to relieve this aspect of her past and be raped all over again.  But her body just wouldn’t move.
The car was coming.  And coming. And coming. And soon enough, it reached where she was...  and then passed her.  phew! The car passed her!
She mustered all her energy and ran back inside the house. It was just like it was the last time. Her parents were in the sitting room. But something was different.  Her sister Ella was also there. Meanwhile the last time, she'd been drunk and passed out in their room upstairs.
“mummy! Daddy! Ella!” she immediately ran to hug them.
“Ajora!” they all ran to hug her back
“um…what happened? Why am I back in this house?"Ajora asked, honestly baffled.
"just where have you been Ajora?  And what’s going on? Why are we all back to this house? The last thing I remembered was me and Chris sitting in the sitting room of our  house and talking about his mother, my future child and the strange cultures of the Benin Kingdom” Ella asked backing out and looking very confused.
“I…I don’t understand either.  I died in the past.  I sort of um... drowned and then woke up here again” Ajora said, confused as well

“the last thing I remember is me and your father being in this house and talking about you Ella, your unborn child and your husband Chris”  the mother said, equally as baffled

. ♥. ♥. ♥. ♥.

Hey guys!
And the chapter ended just like that!
How was the chapter? Do you like it?

So...
If you liked this chapter, show me that you did by
Commenting (very important)
Clicking the like buttons ( please, this could literarily save a life! In what ways? I'm not sure. Still searching goggle for that. What?! We've all  got our problems!  *shrugging*

And please follow me on my page. Everyone likes being popular, including me! Jayjay! Actually, that's not my name. My name's Esther. So... Can I get a follower this week? Is that you who's reading this right now? Common! Imma be your sweet sexy angel. Once you leave this page, go follow me pretty please!!! But hey! Make sure you like and comment first. You ain't wanna get on my bitchy side.

Alright. I'm ranting. I'm gonna stop now.

Okay. One benefit of following me? You get additional sneak peeks into the novel, later in the week, paraventure I don't have time to type the  next chapter!
So... Regular sneak peeks, first hand views of my regular post, and of course, a sure notification from wattpad, alerting you of whenever I post a new chapter in any of my works, including this one. No, especially this one

Alright. Imma stop now. But please once again
Like
Follow
Comment!!!

Bye dearies. see you in the next chapter!!!