chapter eighteen ♣ The birth of an unlikely queen

THE PAST
“you know…” Ofe began softly “my ambition had been to merge the five kingdoms.  Not necessarily living to enjoy my success.  One can’t hold on to life so sweetly when he faces the threat of death every time, on the battle field . So even if  I don’t  get to live and enjoy it all, I’m still glad and I still feel fulfilled that I finally united the five kingdoms together.  The kings of all the other four kingdoms are dead. Maybe its finally my turn to die too” the king said, barely able to get the words out.
It’d been four days now. She was amazed that he’d lasted this long. The power of the human will. They were both by the lake. Just the two of them.  No guards. For there were no more battles to be fought anymore. No more strange enemy kings. The whole land was united as one.
And though none of them said it, they both knew, knew that he wasn’t leaving this lake alive.  He wasn’t going back to the palace alive.  The lake… and her, were the last things he was going to see.  Her heart constricted sharply, painfully, the tears seeming so endless.  She couldn’t even stop them, if she wanted to.
“I love you” she croaked out, crying even harder.
“shhh…you’re too pretty to cry because of a barbarian like me.  I love you too Ajora.  And because of that, I need you to be strong. You’re the only person I fully trust.  I have no heir, so I’d like to pass on the throne to you, by giving you the royal seal.  When the king gives someone the royal seal, he’s abdicated the throne to that person orthodoxly”  
“what? Me, a female king? No one would take me seriously”
“ They will.  They have to, seeing that it’s the dying wish of the most powerful king that ever lived”
“please…please don’t talk about death. Please. I cant bear it”
“Alright.  I won't”
Suddenly, a very young girl not more than 5 years old, appeared in front of them.  A white kid. Ajora was a bit shocked. Taken aback. How had the child of a white man appeared in front of them? okay so granted they hadn’t really be looking at the road but instead at each other.
“Hy little lady. You look lost. Who are you?” Ajora asked, inquiringly
“Hello. My name is miss Flora Shaw the third”
“third? Why’s third attached to your name?" the king asked, intrigued as well.
“well, in my family, I’m the third person, the third generation bearing that name. my grandmother was Miss. Flora Shaw the first, my mother Miss. Flora Shaw the second, and I’m the third. My child’s going to be the fourth, and my grandchild the fifth Flora Shaw. All of them all turn out to be outstanding children eventually”. The little girl said, nursing a proud look on her face.
“really?” Ajora asked. Her brain working wonders already.  She herself was someone who came from the future.  And in history, miss Flora Shaw was being celebrated as the woman who’d given this country the name  Nigeria.  But obviously it wasn’t this woman.  There was no way she could live up to the year 1914.  So it was apparently one of her future descendants.  On a whim, she said
“come sit with us. Flora”.
And she did so obligingly.
“ma’am, why is this mister looking so sick and deathly pale?” Flora asked innocently.
That’s because  he is.  Ajora thought sadly. Ofe’s head was rested on her laps.
“um…don’t worry.  He’s fine.  He just needs a little air” she finally replied.

“Flora what are you doing here in the woods all alone by yourself?” Ajora proceeded to ask a question of her own before Flora asked any further ones.
“Ohh.  My parents and I decided to take a short one week trip to Africa.  We arrived today”
“ohh….where are they now? It doesn’t look civilized of them to leave a five year old running around”
“No, they’re right here too. We decided to play a game of hide and seek. I’m supposed to sort of hide, while they seek me. Don’t worry, they’ll  soon be here. They always find me”
“awwn… that’s sweet” Ajora said smiling.
“Nigeria” Flora said
“uh..excuse me?”
“if I was given a chance to name this place,  I’d name this place Nigeria” flora said
“wow. I’m intrigued. Why would you do so?”
“I’ve got a dog at home, he loves water a lot.  He  would totally love this place.  His name’s Niger. The place Niger would love, is Niger’s area right? That's like saying Nigeria”.

. ♥. ♥. ♥. ♥.

Hey guys!
And the chapter ended just like that!
How was the chapter? Do you like it?

So...
If you liked this chapter, show me that you did by
Commenting (very important)
Clicking the like buttons ( please, this could literarily save a life! In what ways? I'm not sure. Still searching goggle for that. What?! We've all  got our problems!  *shrugging*

And please follow me on my page. Everyone likes being popular, including me! Jayjay! Actually, that's not my name. My name's Esther. So... Can I get a follower this week? Is that you who's reading this right now? Common! Imma be your sweet sexy angel. Once you leave this page, go follow me pretty please!!! But hey! Make sure you like and comment first. You ain't wanna get on my bitchy side.

Alright. I'm ranting. I'm gonna stop now.

Okay. One benefit of following me? You get additional sneak peeks into the novel, later in the week, paraventure I don't have time to type the  next chapter!
So... Regular sneak peeks, first hand views of my regular post, and of course, a sure notification from wattpad, alerting you of whenever I post a new chapter in any of my works, including this one. No, especially this one

Alright. Imma stop now. But please once again
Like
Follow
Comment!!!

Bye dearies. see you in the next chapter!!!