Epilogue ♣ Everything always works out at the end of the day

SAINT PHILOMENA’S HOSPITAL, FIVE YEARS LATER...
“push! Push!!! Come on Ajora-you can do it” the female doctor, Dr. Shola Oyediji said to her encouragingly.  Ota was by her side, murmuring words of comfort, only she, could hear.
“Aaaarrrgghh!!” she screamed out with all other might. And the head of the baby appeared.
“yes that’s good Ajora. Keep on going you’re doing great! Another push!”
“Aarrgghh!!!” she pushed again with all her might, almost passing out, and this time around, the child came out smoothly. She head the first cry of the baby, which brought tears into her own eyes too.  Her baby. Hers. This tiny, little creature came from inside of her. All her maternal instincts instantly began to kick in. Her voice was dry, patched.  If not, she would have told the doctor to give her the child to hold for a minute.

“it’s a boy” the doctor said happily and then said to her “congratulations Dr.(Mrs) Ota Ofedeje. The first child has been delivered.  Three more to go”
Gbam!
In all her joy and excitement of her new born son, she’d forgotten that there were three more to go. She was giving birth to quadruplets. But she was tired. Too tired.  Too exhausted.
“I can’t.  No more, no more.  I can’t do this anymore” she said giving up, she couldn't go through that again, three more times for three more children. Tears were flowing from her eyes freely.
“Yes you can.  I know you can my love.  I’m right here remember?” Ota said encouragingly, using a white handkerchief with him, to wipe the sweat and tears off her face.
“Fuck you Ota! I hate you! I swear on my favourite box of chocolates at home that you're never touching me again. Your penis is never coming near this body again! It's easy to turn towards me in the night when you're not the one who has to carry a baby in your womb.  Four babies sef! Four! Ah! Ota you're a very wicked man. Is it fair? What wrong did i ever do by showing love to my husband? Yet, this is how i get repaid Ota? Why am I the one pregnant and not you? You couldn't even from the goodness of your heart, leave me in peace with only one child. Four! Ah! Ota Ofedeje. You truly are a very wicked man! I did not believe it before, but I believe it now. None of the things you've done to others in the past is as wicked as what you're making me go through now. My only joy is that when this is all over, I get to have four mini versions of us, and call them all mine. If and when this is all over Ota, I promise you that for a year, you're going to change our four babies' diapers, and you're not going to go anywhere near my bed!” she was blurting out all these, while still pushing and adding pressure, to her abdomen. Talking to Ota and venting out all her anger provided a much needed distraction for her.

"You say I'm the one who turns to you in our bed huh? What about the times when you're the one doing the turning? You insatiable seductive prowess. You're just as bad as I am. You love me and I love you. It goes both ways. It takes two to tangle, you know. Did I ever rape you? Every time, you accepted me with open arms and now, you call me a wicked man? Tut tut tut. That is so unbecoming of a Nigerian wife. Plus, if I could help you with the pregnancy by taking two of the children and putting them in my own womb, trust me, I would. But facts remain facts. Men just weren't designed to give birth. I'm so sorry. Plus, with all the things you've been spewing from your mouth, no one would be able to tell that you're even a medical doctor. How can you Blame me, for you getting pregnant with quadruplets? Even  a stranger, would know that the multiple children comes from your gene, not mine. Look at you. You were born a twin. I wasn't. Infact, none of mine relatives were ever twins.  Your gene simply overdid it and escalated it to four, instead of two. Only God knows why. It just makes me feel better, blaming me, when your doctor skills should teach you otherwise. Plus, you'll be making mouth now, that I won't come near your bed for one year meanwhile you know it's actually you, who'll call me into that same bed in less than six months. And for the record, I don't mind changing babies diapers. My babies' diapers. I really do appreciate and love you so much for the pain you're going through right now, just to bring our children into this world. I promise to treasure you and our four new bundles of joy, for the rest of my life! And as for the rest issues you talked about, I believe we’ll discuss that later." He ended, with a self congratulatory smirk on his face, continuing his lengthy speech. “Now, let’s give it another push.  Three pushes.  A push for me, a push for you and a push for our fastly growing family"
And wham! The second baby came  out with a little bit more ease than the first.  It was another boy.
Meanwhile, in that same hospital, on a different floor, also in labour, was Ella Dozie-Williams. Her twin sister. She was delivering her second child, a set of twins.
The whole family was in the hospital, running from one twin sister to another. Their dad, their mom, their friends – Esther,  Nowe and Miracle, Chris’s mother , family friends, they were all there, holding night and day vigil, praying the delivery was going to turn out a complete success for both twins.  The delivery of six completely healthy children was the main prayer. Six children were supposed to be born into the Ndukwe’s family today.
Ajora was proud to proclaim herself an avid born again Christian now. To fulfill the vow she’d made to God.  In the past, she’d vowed to God that if he spared Ota Ofedeje’s life… Spared her husband’s life, she’d finally believe in him and follow him for life.  And God had done exactly just that. Next to God, family and friends were all that mattered.  Not the beauty, the fame, or the riches, but these little moments….amazing moments spent with family.  They were absolutely priceless.
She fervently hoped God gave her the grace to continue loving her family and never letting any of them down.

. ♥. ♥. ♥. ♥.

Hey guys!
And the chapter ended just like that!
How was the chapter? Do you like it?

So...
If you liked this chapter, show me that you did by
Commenting (very important)
Clicking the like buttons ( please, this could literarily save a life! In what ways? I'm not sure. Still searching goggle for that. What?! We've all  got our problems!  *shrugging*

And please follow me on my page. Everyone likes being popular, including me! Jayjay! Actually, that's not my name. My name's Esther. So... Can I get a follower this week? Is that you who's reading this right now? Common! Imma be your sweet sexy angel. Once you leave this page, go follow me pretty please!!! But hey! Make sure you like and comment first. You ain't wanna get on my bitchy side.

Alright. I'm ranting. I'm gonna stop now.

Okay. One benefit of following me? You get additional sneak peeks into the novel, later in the week, paraventure I don't have time to type the  next chapter!
So... Regular sneak peeks, first hand views of my regular post, and of course, a sure notification from wattpad, alerting you of whenever I post a new chapter in any of my works, including this one. No, especially this one

Alright. Imma stop now. But please once again
Like
Follow
Comment!!!

Bye dearies.