chapter eleven ♣ A king has fallen

The whole courtyard was suddenly set in chaos. A king had fallen!
“send for the herbalist. Now!” king Ofedeje shouted out furiously. The same minute the king was issuing out that order, was the same minute the herbalist was coming into the palace; for when this king ordered, no one dared disobey. “you! You! Carry him quickly. Come put him in one of these rooms let me examine him properly” the herbalist said. The whole palace was an array of movements and commotion! A king had fallen in another king’s compound. That alone, could cause wars, centuries long even.
“Get the palace maids in here. They should bring lots of towels and pots of water!” the herbalist had ordered from inside the room the fallen king was placed and that’s how Ajora had became aware of the situation. She was a slave, more specifically a palace maid. Everyone was crowded around the room to see what was going to be the herbalist’s final judgement, as to whether he would say that the king was dead or not. Even king Ofedeje had temporarily left his palace and sat on a chair now, in the room were the dying king was layed.  The moment Ajora and three other maids passed through the heavy commotion outside and came into the room, the herbalist spoke up. “He’s dead.  I’m so sorry”
Everyone was crestfallen. Dejected.
“Not on my watch” Ajora muttered, remembering for the first time since she came here, that she actually had a medical degree. “he’s not dead. Well, at least not yet. Not fully” Ajora finally spoke up moving into action. She had very limited equipment to work with. Leaving everyone baffled, she ran outside and looked around her surroundings for anything that could possibly be of use to her, in treating him, for she had to greatly improvise.  She finally got some things, then ran back inside. At least the herbalist had some little, crude instruments.  She placed  her hand on his pulse. It was still beating, albeit slowly. She made a little concoction with some leaves she’d just plucked, grinding and adding water to turn it into liquid, then fed it to his unmoving lips. From the effects she’d seen his body, she’d guessed he was poisoned by the venom of a poisonous snake.
The concoction was going to make him vomit almost all the contents of his belly.  He just needed to be more alive than he was right now to do so. And so she started a CPR on him. She needed him to vomit  a bit so she could know the kind of venom being used.  Only a little venom from the snake could help in the curing process.
       ***** 
It took a long time, but after a couple hours, she’d finally stabilized him.  Weird through, she’d never practiced back at home but here she was, healing a total stranger.
***
“Thanks a lot” the king said sincerely to her the next day. She was sitting beside the already stable patient, on the bed.
“it was  nothing really” she murmured, blushing slightly from the intensity of his gaze.
“how did you know how to heal that man? Where did you learn those skills from? It seems even my most experienced herbalist was no match for you. The news is going to spread like wildfire and people are going to come here, all looking for the healer princess, not knowing that she’s mine and mine alone” the king said, smirking, standing by the door of the room
“like I said, its nothing really. Just something I picked up on, that’s all” Ajora answered, with a gentle smile gracing her lips.  She couldn’t very well tell him that she’d learnt the art for seven years and was a medical doctor from another life time.
“so what are you doing her right now?” the king asked, finally walking in and coming to sit beside her on the bed.  The poisoned king was fast asleep on another side of the very wide bed.
“I needed to check up on my patient and clear my head a bit. The past week has been pretty stressful for me. Trying to settle down, finding a little bit of roots…” he kissed her.  Interrupting her and she immediately tensed up, her body remembering the day she was raped and she stated struggling to pull free.  Eventually he released her.
“Don’t worry. It’s just a kiss. I’m not going to fuck you besides a sick man, albeit how sexy you are" he whispered the last part.
“Haha” she laughed nervously, although the laugh, anything but funny, shaking a bit.
“ why are you doing this?" She asked suddenly. “I mean, don’t you feel the kingdoms would prosper well together, co-exist amazingly with one another, if ruled by various persons? That way the rulers would be closer to their citizens? If you become head and sole ruler of all the five kingdoms, I bet you wouldn’t know up to one fourth of the people under you.  So why push for one state?” she asked, really trying to figure out what was his endgame and why he truly wanted all this.
“walk with me” he finally answered, after a while, standing up and walking out of the room.  Naturally, guards secretly followed, far back, behind him. The king wanted to be rest assured, that he was heavily protected whenever he moved to anywhere, without necessarily seeing who was doing the protection. He’d led her to an amazingly beautiful lake, with beautiful flowers hanging over it.
“Wow. This is so beautiful” she murmured, star-struck!
“It’s not even the least bit infinitesimally close to being as beautiful as you are Ajora” Ota said, looking  only at her.
“Um…I prefer to go by the name Ajora” she murmured nervously taken aback by the intense look she’d seen in his eyes.  A look she couldn’t dare define.

. ♥. ♥. ♥. ♥.

Hey guys!
And the chapter ended just like that!
How was the chapter? Do you like it?

So...
If you liked this chapter, show me that you did by
Commenting (very important)
Clicking the like buttons ( please, this could literarily save a life! In what ways? I'm not sure. Still searching goggle for that. What?! We've all  got our problems!  *shrugging*

And please follow me on my page. Everyone likes being popular, including me! Jayjay! Actually, that's not my name. My name's Esther. So... Can I get a follower this week? Is that you who's reading this right now? Common! Imma be your sweet sexy angel. Once you leave this page, go follow me pretty please!!! But hey! Make sure you like and comment first. You ain't wanna get on my bitchy side.

Alright. I'm ranting. I'm gonna stop now.

Okay. One benefit of following me? You get additional sneak peeks into the novel, later in the week, paraventure I don't have time to type the  next chapter!
So... Regular sneak peeks, first hand views of my regular post, and of course, a sure notification from wattpad, alerting you of whenever I post a new chapter in any of my works, including this one. No, especially this one

Alright. Imma stop now. But please once again
Like
Follow
Comment!!!

Bye dearies. see you in the next chapter!!!