chapter eight ♣ In a new body

Wow. Resting back fully on the bed and closing her eyes, she thought about just how weird the whole of today had been for her. She was the missing bride. The one bride who had spent months planning her wedding, but never got to attend. The bride who never got around to wearing the big day's dress. She never said goodbye to her twin sister, nor her fiance. Pitiable really, yet that wasn't even the worse thing that happened today. She got kidnapped, got raped to death and she actually died, then went back in time. She became a princess, the same day she became a slave. She got whipped with a whip and the said king, required sex from his new slaves. She shuddered to think of it. Somehow, she couldn't see herself doing that horrifying and humanly degrading act with anyone, ever in her life again. After experiencing it firsthand through those brutal means, the very word, sex, disgusted her!
She somewhat pitied the king, who was going to marry a woman that was never going to sleep with him. Even if she was magically transported back to her timeline, and Chris, her beloved who she missed so much, asked her to have sex with him, after this terrible incident of rape that had happened to her, she wouldn't have been able to grant his request. She was like damaged goods now. An empty vessel. Beautiful on one side, but somehow deficient, on the other side, she thought to herself. Beautiful, yes, but men didn't care about beauty if they couldn't use it.
She wondered if the wedding still held. But it was impossible for it to be held without her right? She missed him like mad. Her beloved. Chris. She wondered how he was coping with the news of her dAjorappearance 'cause if her body was with her over here, then it meant they didn't have any body over there to find. Her parents must have been receiving a lot of pressures and rifts from all corners because of the failed wedding. She knew just how much the wedding had meant to her parents. So she was incredibly sorry that it didn't hold. A lot of finances put into the wedding would have been wasted for nothing.
* * *
PRESENT DAY
"Please can I get two bottles of chapman?" Ella asked the barman with a lazy smile on her face.
"Chapman? Alright, no problem um...coming right up then" the bar tender said, a bit clumsily. He'd been starring at another lady wearing a very flimsy, see-through swimsuit. He probably wasn't expecting any new customer to walk into his shop and request for a drink.
Ella stood patiently, waiting for him to prepare her drink.
"you can sit. You don't have to stand dear. Uh...how do you want your chapman? With ice cubes, cucumber, strawberry, grapes..."
"just put it all" she said, cutting him off with a wave of her hand and sitting down.
She was on dark shades, a sun hat and a black one piece swimming trunk. She'd been married to chris for exactly one week now, so naturally, they were still on their honeymoon, which was supposed to last for two weeks. They had one more week to go. They decided to visit the Lagos beach today. Chris was waiting for her outside while she came to get their drinks. She'd offered to be the one to buy the drinks instead of him, so as to stretch her legs a bit. She'd been sitting all the day, either in the shallow part of the water or in the sand. Chris. Her husband. She wondered if she'd ever get used to that word. And their nights together. Lord! She'd actually started looking forward to their nights alone together. And she was scared. Scared that the pretense she was keeping, was getting very real. She'd come to enjoy his kisses and his love words. Love words which were meant for another, not even her. She'd come to believe those words for herself. Had come to believe those words he whispered to her every night, as he continuously pounded into her. Her right fingers absently grazed the beautiful, almond-shaped, diamond wedding ring on her left finger and she flinched slightly. All these, were meant to cover up for her family. It was supposed to be just an act, to protect her family; but she couldn't explain why she felt as if she was doing the opposite instead. Betraying them instead. Betraying her sister instead. I mean, look at her! She was a thief in every sense of the word. Was on a matrimonial bed that wasn't hers, in a matrimonial home that wasn't hers, the guy, her husband, who she was falling madly in love with, still wasn't hers. The very wedding ring on her finger wasn't hers! She'd taken vows that weren't hers too, kissed the lips of someone who could never be hers.
"hey ma'am? Hey ma'am!" the bartender said a bit more forcefully, interrupting her from her thoughts. "Must have been really lost in thoughts huh? I've been alerting you for the past three minutes that your drinks were ready, but you'd completely zoned out."
"I'm... I'm so sorry" she replied with a nervous laugh, shaking her head, looking down. She stretch out her hand, holding five hundred naira towards him, for the drink. Instead of collecting the money, he held her hand in a firm grip.
"I'm Jerry. What about you?" He asked, putting on his best flirty pose.
"um... Ella. but people call me Elle".
"Elle you're beautiful. I'm very sure you know me from somewhere before. You do. Don't you?"
"Uh... I'm very sorry Jerry. But I've never seen you before." She said, a little bit flustered, wondering why the barman was flirting with her and holding her hand.
"Wow. I'm hurt. You really don't know me? I'm the guy, who just fell in love with you."
"Hmm...That's a bit cliché, don't you think?" She asked, pretending to act serious meanwhile, trying not to laugh at the cheap pick-up line.
Well, that depends on your definition of cliché, my love. You know, when a girl this beautiful, gets lost in thoughts, its either of five things: financial problems, relationship problems, family issues, academical problems or health problems. So, which is yours?"
"Firstly, I'd like you to release my hand. Secondly, I'm not sure I should be talking about my problems with someone I just met. I'm sorry" she said, honestly trying not to be rude. Thoroughly exasperated now by his audacity and ability to pry into what didn't concern him.
"Tell me the kind of problems you're going through Elle....and then, I could seriously consider releasing your hand". Left with no other choice, she flashed him her left finger, where her wedding ring was.
"Oh. that kind of problem? Um...with a husband? You look so young, I didn't really peg you as the married type. Shit. It isn't fair at all. The good ones are always the ones who're taken already."
And just then, her husband, I mean chris, walked in "Dude! What the fuck? would you get your hands off my wife? Are you crazy?" Chris asked, getting agitated, coming closer.
"No Chris. I'm fine. Really. I was just chatting up with him that's all" Elle said trying to diffuse the tension. Every other person in the bar had turned to stare. The dimwit still didn't release her hand! Idiot!
And then Jerry did the worse thing he could have
ever done. He spoke up.

. ♥. ♥. ♥. ♥.

Hey guys!
And the chapter ended just like that!
How was the chapter? Do you like it?

So...
If you liked this chapter, show me that you did by
Commenting (very important)
Clicking the like buttons ( please, this could literarily save a life! In what ways? I'm not sure. Still searching goggle for that. What?! We've all got our problems! *shrugging*

And please follow me on my page. Everyone likes being popular, including me! Jayjay! Actually, that's not my name. My name's Esther. So... Can I get a follower this week? Is that you who's reading this right now? Common! Imma be your sweet sexy angel. Once you leave this page, go follow me pretty please!!! But hey! Make sure you like and comment first. You ain't wanna get on my bitchy side.

Alright. I'm ranting. I'm gonna stop now.

Okay. One benefit of following me? You get additional sneak peeks into the novel, later in the week, paraventure I don't have time to type the next chapter!
So... Regular sneak peeks, first hand views of my regular post, and of course, a sure notification from wattpad, alerting you of whenever I post a new chapter in any of my works, including this one. No, especially this one

Alright. Imma stop now. But please once again
Like
Follow
Comment!!!

Bye dearies. see you in the next chapter!!!