chapter fourteen ♣ I'm pregnant

“What! You’re really pregnant?”
“Yes I am mom” Elle said, with  tears of joy springing into her own eyes.
“Ohh! Thank heavens! My first grand child is on its way. We need to celebrate. We need to start planning. What’s going to be the child’s  three names? the secondary school and university he’s going to attend, the course he’s going to study and the girl he’s going to marry. And the planning starts now. And..."
“Wait! Mom. Hold on. Two things. Firstly, no one is going to plan my child’s future, only the child as he slowly grows, get to do that, assuming it's a he, it could be a she, you know; and then secondly, you guys didn’t even respond to what I initially said. I’m tired of pretending with Chris!"
“And what exactly do you want us to do about it? It was a dangerous road. A road we knew if we went down, we couldn’t come back from! You knew the consequences when you made the decision to represent your sister” her father said gruffly, a bit exasperated.
“you love him don’t you?” her mom asked her softly. A mom really  did know her children well, didn’t she? “the reason why you’re so concerned about whose name he calls out at night is because  you so desperately want that name to be yours. I’m right aren’t I?” her mom asked again, her eyes softening a bit.
*                                      **
Few hours later, when she was in her black sedan car, on her way back to Chris, back to home, she kept on pondering about what her mom had said, more accurately what her mom had asked her. The question she’d never dared answered.
'The reason why you’re so concerned about whose name he calls out at night is because you so desperately want that name to be yours. You love him, don’t you?'
The question kept ringing in her head. Ringing in her thoughts.  Her last thoughts, before her car suddenly somersaulted into the air, turning violently and then coming to a rest upside down. She’d been hit by a speeding bus.
Her last thoughts before she finally succumbed to the darkness, was her baby. The baby she’d never got the chance to tell her husband about. And now, she felt it. The painful onset of a miscarriage
***
Chris ran like a mad man, into St. Philomena’s hospital. He’d driven above speed limits all the way from the house, down here, when he’d received a phone call, that his wife was in the hospital.
“Doctor! Doctor! How is she? how is she?” he asked frantically to the first doctor he saw.

“calm down Prince Dozie – Williams. Your wife’s in surgery right now” the doctor in question answered, looking cool headed.
“Oh, lord! In surgery? That bad? Can she be moved to a private clinic please?” he asked suddenly, pacing directionlessly around.

“That may be very dangerous to her health as she’s
not yet stable, also dangerous to the health of the baby too.”
“Baby? What  baby?” Chris asked, his features etched in utter confusion.
“your wife’s pregnant.  Two weeks pregnant.  I'm sorry, but don’t put in so much hope though.  We’re barely able to save her life, talkless of another, so small and fragile” the doctor replied.
“A hundred million naira” Chris bit out dejectedly, falling to his knees. The doctor was confused, taken aback, scared and wondering why the direct child of the Oba was kneeling in front of him, talking about such a huge sum of money.
“A hundred million naira? What’s that for?” the doctor asked.
“It's yours. It’s all yours, just save my wife and child. Save Ella”
      **               * 
“Bless me father for I have sinned.  This is um… this is the very first confession, I’ve every done to a priest. I um… my daughter’s dying and I didn’t know where else to run to and then I saw the church across the hospital and knew I had to come” Mrs. Ndukwe wailed out, weeping terribly in front of the priest.
“Shh…you don’t have to cry you’ve come to the right place. God is the father of all sinners. He desperately wants them to change and turn from their wicked ways into salvation”.
“I cheated on my husband.  I wasn’t faithful in my marriage. I have just two daughters. They’re twin girls. To everyone else in the world, they’re the children of my husband, the governor and I.  But the truth is, they were children I had with another man. A man I’d had  an affair with. And now, it feels as if it's all coming back to haunt me.  My first daughter Ajora, got missing on her wedding day and as of now, still nowhere to be found. My second daughter Ella, had an accident the day she’d told us she was pregnant. Just a few days ago.  Lord! She’s presently in a coma.  What have I done to deserve all this? How I’m sorry for offending you. Please don’t blame the sins of the parents on the children. Blame it on me instead. Lord please, I’m forever ready to carry my own cross but please, not my kids. Please don’t touch my kids!” she screamed out, crying even louder.
“God  is a forever loving God. He doesn’t need anyone to take the blame for anything. He took all the blame, the day he died on the cross of cavalry. God is bigger than any situation, including yours.  So take heart…God always prevails. But first, for him to do that, you have to submit yourself to Him, whole heartedly.  Body, mind and soul. You have to be born again."
“Okay” she replied shakingly.
“Say with me. Oh God, because you’re so good, I’m very sorry that I’ve sinned against you, and by the help of your grace, I shall not sin again.  I dedicate myself to you and accept you as my personal lord and savior. Please come into my life in Jesus name. Amen."

. ♥. ♥. ♥. ♥.

Hey guys!
And the chapter ended just like that!
How was the chapter? Do you like it?

So...
If you liked this chapter, show me that you did by
Commenting (very important)
Clicking the like buttons ( please, this could literarily save a life! In what ways? I'm not sure. Still searching goggle for that. What?! We've all  got our problems!  *shrugging*

And please follow me on my page. Everyone likes being popular, including me! Jayjay! Actually, that's not my name. My name's Esther. So... Can I get a follower this week? Is that you who's reading this right now? Common! Imma be your sweet sexy angel. Once you leave this page, go follow me pretty please!!! But hey! Make sure you like and comment first. You ain't wanna get on my bitchy side.

Alright. I'm ranting. I'm gonna stop now.

Okay. One benefit of following me? You get additional sneak peeks into the novel, later in the week, paraventure I don't have time to type the  next chapter!
So... Regular sneak peeks, first hand views of my regular post, and of course, a sure notification from wattpad, alerting you of whenever I post a new chapter in any of my works, including this one. No, especially this one

Alright. Imma stop now. But please once again
Like
Follow
Comment!!!

Bye dearies. see you in the next chapter!!!