chapter seventeen ♣ He's dying...

THE PRESENT
“I did flinch you know” she said, pouting.
“ Apparently not enough then. Not enough to stop you from going through with your plan. I was a bit surprised, and then angry, wondering what kind of statement the Ndukwes' were trying to make, by not giving me the bride I’d paid a bride's price for.  So, I’d resolved to punish your family through you, by going through with it anyway. Making love to you all night, as if I never knew who it really was, I even acted the part, and still called you Ajora.  So what exactly happened to Ajora? She didn’t want to marry me again? Developed cold feet and decided to back out from the wedding, putting her sister in her place?"
“ she got missing” Ella answer softly.
“got missing? What do you mean by got missing?” chris asked softly, His features etched in confusion.
“The day of the wedding, she’d gotten missing suddenly.  One question though, how come Ajora never told me about the rainbow lingerie and weird kiss-food secret?” Elle asked, going back to that same lingerie issue,  honestly baffled that Ajora kept something that huge from her when they didn't have any secrets between them.
“only because we made the decision the night I’d told her to jump from that building”
“um..wow.  But you kept up all the pretense anyway. Acted like you didn’t know who it really was.  And for that, you look pretty much like a world class asshole to me right now” she said, eyeing him as best as she could, with all these needles, poking everywhere on her body.
“haha. I’m sorry. I still didn’t know why my supposed-to-be wife’s sister was impersonating as my wife.  So I didn’t want to put off the whole show till I knew what was really going on. At least I know why you had to pretend to be your sister now. She got missing and you still don’t know to where? Till now you still can’t find her?"

“No. we still can’t find her.  There’s an APB search out there for her. If she’s in Nigeria at all, trust me, with the amount of people searching for her, she’d definitely be found. Unless she isn’t in this country or she's in this country and doesn’t want to be found.  But I couldn’t quite get the feeling out of my head at that time, that something bad had happened to her. I mean, Ajora wasn't someone who’d just miss her wedding for any other thing in the world.  I still think something terrible would have happened."
“Ajora . hmm... I can't really say I miss her, 'cause I see her everyday in you too.  It’s as if I got the two sisters in one, in you.  And for the record, I do love  you Elle”
“No you don’t. you love Ajora and I look like Ajora, so you don’t mind being with me too” Elle said, trying to hide the pain behind those words.
“ That’s not true Ella.  It’s funny, how I thought I couldn’t ever love another woman quite as much as I love Ajora. And then I got to know you.  Really got to know you, and for the one month we’ve been married. I do love you Elle.  And I know you’re scared. Scared that you’re actually having feelings for me. Scared that you’re having feelings for your sister’s husband. But news flash Ella, I’m your husband. Not Ajora’s. you were the one who’d said those vows to me on that altar, not  Ajora. You are the one who wears my ring, not Ajora. You’re the one I come to every night, not Ajora. And the most important of them all, you’re the woman carrying my child. Not Ajora. So when I tell you that I love you, tell you that I love my wife, please believe me.”
“you know, huh? How’s the baby?” she asked softly. She had wanted to keep it a secret for a little bit longer.
“ Apparently even finer than you are, says the doctor. You’re a strong woman Elle. You wouldn’t miscarriage so easily”
“Phew. I hope you’re right. I do have feeling for you. I um… I do love my husband, a lot. And I hope I get the chance to show him just how much I love him, everyday”.
“Oh baby. The chance… that chance has begun. Right here, right now” he said, smiling bending down to kiss her.
“hmm” she moaned out, her hands wrapping around his head.

“I think I should call your parents in. I don’t think they’d be glad waiting for more than ten minutes. You think you’re ready to see them now Elle?”
“yeah I guess. I mean, we’re going to be parents ourselves, in a few months time.  It would be nice to start respecting my own parents” she said laughing.
     **        *
THE PAST
“Hey” she called out softly coming into the room as the king woke up .
“Hey” he called back out, smiling, sitting up and propping  himself against the wall, even though it took a little effort to do so.
“how’s your health?” she asked, coming to sit by him on the bed, and stretching her hand out to check his temperature.
“I don’t know.  You’re the doctor. You tell me” he murmured.
“um… you’re hemorrhaging internally and if it was in another…um…another lifetime, I would have been able to stop the bleeding.  But right now, there are no instruments for me to do so.  Then the sword damaged one of your kidneys and injured your liver. Right now, I can’t  even begin to imagine the amount of pain you must be feeling inside.  Your body is practically a bleeding mess inside.  A bleeding, even with all my years in medical school, if I don’t have the right instruments, I still can’t stop.  And if I can’t stop the bleeding…um…” she couldn’t dare complete that sentence, the words hooking in her throat, as tears flowed freely from her eyes.
“What happens when you can’t stop the bleeding princess?” he asked softly, looking directly into her eyes
“you die then.  In a matter of days. Maybe two, maybe three”

. ♥. ♥. ♥. ♥.

Hey guys!
And the chapter ended just like that!
How was the chapter? Do you like it?

So...
If you liked this chapter, show me that you did by
Commenting (very important)
Clicking the like buttons ( please, this could literarily save a life! In what ways? I'm not sure. Still searching goggle for that. What?! We've all  got our problems!  *shrugging*

And please follow me on my page. Everyone likes being popular, including me! Jayjay! Actually, that's not my name. My name's Esther. So... Can I get a follower this week? Is that you who's reading this right now? Common! Imma be your sweet sexy angel. Once you leave this page, go follow me pretty please!!! But hey! Make sure you like and comment first. You ain't wanna get on my bitchy side.

Alright. I'm ranting. I'm gonna stop now.

Okay. One benefit of following me? You get additional sneak peeks into the novel, later in the week, paraventure I don't have time to type the  next chapter!
So... Regular sneak peeks, first hand views of my regular post, and of course, a sure notification from wattpad, alerting you of whenever I post a new chapter in any of my works, including this one. No, especially this one

Alright. Imma stop now. But please once again
Like
Follow
Comment!!!

Bye dearies. see you in the next chapter!!!