Prologue ✔

!Attention: English is not my main language. So if you find any mistakes, feel free to write it in the comments (but in a friendly way!). I wanna learn from my mistakes and improve my english skills

"Y/N!" My mother shouted from the living room. "I'm coming!" I sighed and got up from my bed where I was reading a new book that I bought today. 'I wonder what she wants', I thought. As I was walking through the hallway I looked over to the walls. She didn't take the photos of my dad down even tho they have been divorced for over one year now ... to be exact since my 19th birthday. Yeah, right. Today is my 20th birthday but since I don't go to school anymore and I am not studying anywhere which means I got no friends to celebrate with and my mother who forgets it everytime.... I had no intention in celebrating my birthday. When I came to our living room my mother sat on the couch in front of the big window and listened to her phone. I sat down beside her and waited for her to finish her call. Maybe she didn't forget it this time? 'Nope, I don't think so...', said a voice in my head. Mom said her goodbyes and ended the call. "Sooo, you wanted to talk to me?", I asked nervously. She looked at me with a very serious face and said: "Do you know what day is today?" I gasped ... she knows it?! "M-my birthday?", I whispered. "What?" I sighed again. What did I expect? "Nothing ... u-uhm... it's friday. Why are you asking?" She shook her head. "Listen, I'm gonna tell you what's so special about today. So, todaaay.... is our lucky day! Look, an old friend of mine called me a few minutes ago and he said he wants to visit us but even more important is: he is very rich and he has a son! Isn't that great?!" She was so excited and happy but I was confused. "That's ... cool? But what has this to do with me??" "Isn't it obvious? You'll marry his son", she said while checking her hair in a mirror. "W-what?! Hold on! Isn't it a bit to early for that? I-I mean I don't even know his son or your friend!" I didn't know what to say. My mother decides everything for me! I am not allowed to do anything on my own. I am not allowed to meet anyone (I mean people from parties or something like that), to have a boyfriend (she thinks I don't know who is the right one. Because mother knows best!). I am also not allowed to talk back and if I do ... oh boy. One time she slapped me but apologized afterwards for that ... I think she wasn't really hones tho. The voice of my mom threw me back into reality. "Not now of course ... maybe in a few weeks. I have to plan everthing and I need time for that. By the way, we are going out tonight at 8 p.m. and now go Y/N. Do something to make yourself prettier. We want to make a good first impression. They'll be here at 7.45 p.m." I was speechless. She really has planned everything! "B-but m-mom..." "Do I have to repeat myself?", she asked me with a stern voice. I gasped and shook my head. She nodded and I got up but before I could leave she said something else. "We will have another visitor in about an hour. Just so you know don't you dare to misbehave! ... you can go now" I nodded intimidated and without another word I went back to my room. It's 2 p.m. right now so I had enough time to continue my book but I was still  wondering who this visitor might be ...

A/N: I know the "chapter" is not as long as you want it to be but the next one will be longer. I promise! Btw I hope I have written everything understandable ... it's like I said: my english is not the yellow from the egg. So if there are any mistakes, please let me know. I want to improve my english! Thanks for reading♡

See you!