Chapter 19

!Attention: English is not my main language. So if you find any mistakes, feel free to write it in the comments. I wanna learn from my mistakes and improve my english skills♥

"Why do you want to know, dear? I thought we just let it be even though I'm not going to find you a groom?" He pulled me onto his lap again, his arms around my waist. "W-well, if the contract is dissolved I wouldn't have any 'obligations' anymore. Do you know what I mean? I'd be free... okay that sounded stupid," I slightly giggled but Alastor wasn't laughing. Little did I know, if the contract was dissolved, the demon has to return to hell no matter what. "I'll try to find a way, my love. I promise," Alastor gave me a peck on my lips before I leaned back against his chest, looking back at the TV in front of us.

[...]

"But I don't want you to leave!" "Al, stop acting like a child. I have to work or else I won't have any money to pay the rent for my appartement." I fixed my ponytail and straightened my apron. I thought it was pretty logical to Al that I need to work for money. "But your shift doesn't end until 6 p.m. I can't survive without you for 6 straight hours", he was holding onto my leg everytime I tried to take a step near my front door. "Oh my god! That is ridiculous! You're a grown up man, so act like one too," I pulled him onto his feet and held him by his shoulders. "Alastor! You're almost 40 years old goddamnit! Act like your age." He stared at me with wide eyes. "If I acted like my age, then I would have a wife and at least two kids by now, a boring job and a house with garden. Not to forget that I would have lost any joy in life. And you as my wife would have to cook for me when I come home from work. Now tell me, do you still want me to act like my age? I mean I wouldn't mind the wife and kids part~" He had a smug grin on his face and I shook my head 'no' with red cheeks. "Alright. I get it. No need to give me that stupid grin." I sighed and put my coat on. "That still doesn't mean that I don't have to go to work, so shut up and be a good boy and wait for me here. Okay?" He crosses his arms over his chest and sat down on my couch. "Well, if I have to..." I smiled and gave him a peck on the lips before I left the appartement.

[...]

The day went on without anything weird happening. When the last costumers left the café, my boss turned towards me and said with a calm smile. "Y/N, you know what? Go home. I can do the cleaning myself." "Thank you! See you tomorrow then," I waved after I put on my coat and scarf. "See you tomorrow." She locked the front door behind me and disappeared in the dark inside of the café. A cold breeze hit my face, which caused my whole body to shiver. I shoved my hands into the pockets of my coat and started to walk in the direction of my appartement. "Why hello there, sweetheart~," I jumped at the sudden voice behind me and turned around quickly. "Don't you ever do that again. I nearly had a heart attack!," and to make my statement more clear, I laid my hand on my chest where my heart was. "You're not an old lady. You're not going to have a heart attack before the age of 70." "How do you know? Nowadays, even young people can have heart attacks!" Alastor rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to say something, but he remained silent. Instead, is whole attention laid on a single snowflake which landed in my hair. "Huh. Looks like it's going to snow tonight," I murmured. The demon looked very curious and absent towards the already darkening sky. "Oh come on Al. Don't tell me you have never seen snow before." He gave me an annoyed glare because of my giggle and I instantly fell silent. "Of course I have. It's just ... It's been so long since I last saw it snow. It's been almost 90 years." 90 years? Wow that's a long time. "Hey. I have an idea. Why don't we take a walk through the forest, which is gonna look like a winter wonderland by tomorrow, and spend the day together? I'll call my boss and ask if I can take tomorrow off. What do you say?" My eyes sparkled full of excitement. He laid his thumb and index finger on his chin, thinking about my idea. "Hmmm... I think your suggestion is wonderful, darling~" "Perfect!... what about your friends? When was the last time they saw snow? Do you even have weather in hell?" Alastor took my hand and interwined our fingers, heading to my flat. "No. We can be happy that we have at least day and night. A-and about my 'friends'. Well, I think they'd rather stay where they belong. Charlie and Vaggie in their hotel, Angel in his ... stripclub or whatever. I don't car-..." I pressed my index finger on his lips to make him shut up. "Alastor. We're gonna get your friends here. No 'buts'. So now tell me, how are we gonna bring them to us?" He sighed in defence. "We do nothing, I only have to tell Charlie and she just asks her father. He'll do the rest. Do you really want to bring them here ... all of them??" I could tell he really doesn't want them here with us. "Why yes of course! Stop complaining Al! Just contact your friend Ch...Charlie...? And tell her my idea, I'm sure she'll like it." I smiled confidently and the demon just shook his head. After we arrived at my apartment, Alastor summoned his microphone. Sitting on the sofa and with an excited and curious expression I watched him, talking to the vintage looking staff. "Alastor? Is that you? Do you know how late it is??" Charlie sounded very sleepy. Did we wake her up? "It's 6 o'clock, princess. Say, did you fall asleep at your desk again? If I remember correctly, Vaggie told you to go to bed if you're too exhausted and tired to work." It was silent for a moment until we heard her yawn. "What are you talking about? I'm everything but tired and ex-exhausted." I giggled slightly and rolled my eyes. She's a total sweetheart. "Anyways, why did you wake m- I mean why did you interrupt my work?" "Well, it seems like my sweet darling wants you, Vaggie and Angel to leave hell and spend the following day with us" it was dead (haha funny) silent. Did she fell asleep... again?? "Why would she want that? I mean she doesn't even know us, does she?" Alastor looked at me curious. "Right, my dear, explain it to us again, why would you want them here with us?" I stood up, standing next to him and looking at the microphone. "Can I speak? And can she hear me?" He nodded after he chuckled. "Of course you can, love." "And I can hear you perfectly fine," I could only imagine Charlie's smile while talking. "O-oh okay good. Soo, uhm I thought since it's been a while since Al saw snow, it also has been a long time since you saw it the last time. I wanted to invite you to my home and give you the opportunity to feel alive and see the upper part of the world once again." I didn't hear a response from the other end, and I was slowly getting worried. Alastor and I exchanged a concerned look. "Charlie?" Al called her. "I-I... have never been on the surface nor have I ever seen weather. I only read about it in books. I-I would love to see earth and s-snow? That sound so exciting!! I tell Angel and Vaggie immediately! I can't describe how thankful I am. Thank you Y/N!" "W-wait! How do you know my name?" I heard her giggle. "Oh, Alastor talked a lot about you when he was with us. I'll tell you the exact time we'll arrive. Byyye♡!" Wow. I think she's awake now. My gaze shifted to Alastor who was staring at his staff with red cheeks. "What did she say? You've talked about me a lot~?" He turned his head away in embarrassment. "N-no. I did not. Why would I do that?" He laughed nervously but I decided not to tease him any further.

[...]

Not even one hour later, there was a knock on my door. Weird. I mean I have a doorbell too, so why not using it instead of knocking? Well, whatever. Alastor was faster than me and was at the front door first. "Charlie, dear! You're early! There was no need to rush." He was standing in front of me, blocking my vision towards my ... our guest. "I know, but I could not wait any longer! So, where is Y/N! I am dying to finally meet her!" That sounded obviously like Charlie. Al took a step a side and I could finally see who was standing at my door. Charlie was a pale young girl, with blonde hair, rosy cheeks and a smile, so bright it could compete with the sun. She wore a red tux with a black bowtie, combined with black trousers. "Hiii! I'm Charlie. It's a pleasure to meet you," she half-sang and twirled around me. "U-uhhm... hi, I'd like to offer you my hand if you'd stand still for a moment. Also, I'm getting kind of dizzy," I murmured and held my hand out for her. "Oh yeah. I'm sorry but I'm just so excited. It's been so long since Alastor told us about you," she shook my hand emphatically. This girl has unlimited stamina, it seems. No trace of her tiredness from an hour ago. "Well Y/N! Let me introduce you to my - and Alastor's - friends! Vaggie, my girlfriend and manager of the happy hotel, and.... wait. Where's Angel? He was standing right behind us a few minutes ago?" We all looked  around the room in confusion until we heard noises from the kitchen. Oh god! What have I gotten myself into?

A/N: I had to post this chapter again bc of technical difficulties but I hope everything's right now😅

See Ya!