the sun still shines behind the clouds

song - call it what you want: taylor swift

TW: homophobic slurs

Cady wakes up excited. Her life is finally taking a turn for the better. She makes sure to take a little extra time with her makeup, wanting to look nice for Janis. She pulls on a thin black sweater and a brown corduroy skirt. She takes a deep breath in the mirror as she styles her hair. She wants to look nice for Janis. She doesn't want Janis to have to drag around a messy girlfriend. She pulls on some wedged black ankle boots, grabbing her things, and heading downstairs.

She grabs a granola bar, heading outside to meet Janis. Janis stands on the sidewalk, scrolling on her phone. She's dressed in a yellow dress, printed with designs painted by Janis, black fishnet tights, her infamous jean jacket, and black boots. Cady bites her lip, meeting up with her girlfriend.

"Caddie, you look gorgeous," Janis smiles, wrapping her arm around Cady.

"No, you," Cady giggles.

Janis rolls her eyes, making small talk. They're too enthralled with each other to pay attention to those around them. They stare and whisper as the two girls walk inside the school. But Cady can still hear them, and Janis knows that. But she doesn't bring it up.

Janis and Cady stand outside of Ms. Norbury's room, sharing small kisses until Damian jumps between the two of them.

"Is it official?" Damian asks, practically jumping up and down.

"No, Damian, we're just making out as friends," Janis answers sarcastically, smirking.

Damian pulls both of them in for a hug.

"So help me God, Sarkisian. You hurt her, they will never find your body," Damian whispers.

Cady lets out a giggle as Janis rolls her eyes and nods.

The trio walks into homeroom, laughing and making small talk, mainly about Heathers. Janis pulls Cady into her lap, Cady letting out a small squeak. Janis holds her close, allowing Cady to cuddle into her. Janis never wants to let her go. She never wants to hurt her again. She presses a kiss to Cady's lips, allowing Cady to melt in her arms.

They're interrupted by Damian letting out a loud gag.

"Really, Damian?" Cady giggles.

"Yes," he says. "You being all lovey dovey makes me want to die."

"What about Aaron?" Janis questions, a smirk appearing on her face.

Damian flushes, "That's different."

"Mhm," Janis laughs, kissing Cady again.

------------------------------

Cady sits at her desk, reading her book. English class is so boring to her, but she has to make the best of it. Until pink painted fingernails grab the book out of her hand.

"So, the little lesbo jungle freak finally made it official with the space dyke?" Regina grins.

"Regina, leave me alone," Cady groans, reaching for her book.

"Don't talk to her like that!" Gretchen snarls, throwing Cady's book over to Karen.

Karen opens the book upside down, trying to read it. Cady rolls her eyes, grabbing it out of Karen's hands.

"Listen you fucking dyke, you little lesbians need to cut it out. Or I'll make your shitty life even worse. You wouldn't want everyone to see those ugly fucking scars, would you?" Regina grins, heading back to her table. Gretchen and Karen follow her immediately, as if they're attached by a string.