2

There was nothing but the continuous, buzzing hum of the engine, the wheels of the car smoothly gliding across the clear road.

My heart churned, as well as my stomach, my hands quivering in utter fear. Cold beads of sweat lined my neck, dampening my loose hair.

The drive was silent, except for my hoarse, heavy breathing filling the tense, rigid atmosphere.

Suddenly, the vehicle came to a rough halt in front of what seemed like simply an empty, open savannah filled with nothing but overgrown bush and flower trees.

The strings of grass aimlessly danced in the eerie night air, the creatures of the wilderness letting themselves be known.

My breathing hitched as one of the two men pulled me out of the car, but for some strange reason, he didn't seem as harsh this time.

I gazed into his eyes, and I managed to see a glint of what seemed like waves of apology and a plead for forgiveness.

I decided to avoid more violence, and trust him even the slightest bit. A part of my heart seemed to be telling me that this was maybe a good thing.

They both led me into the open space of dense grass and wild daisies before one quickly swept aside a pile of rock with his hand, only to reveal what looked like a shimmering, iron trapdoor.

My brows furrowed as countless thoughts entered my mind, almost making me go dizzy.

The male then removed his glove before scanning his thumb upon the door, a strange green hologram giving him a positive signal that he is allowed to enter.

What was this place?

Once they lifted open the door, one man entered before signalling for me to follow.

I shook my head frantically, the fear and wonder prominent in my eyes.

"Just trust us....we don't mean to harm you.." The male behind me stated as his gaze softened. His voice was so deep and comforting that I almost nodded immediately.

I sighed, waiting for a moment before gathering my courage, and entering through the trapdoor.

Once we hopped down, the door above us slammed shut with a clang, and I was the only one that flinched. They stood still and stiff as ever, not moving a muscle. They must've been used to it.

We were in a giant, metal containment, and I later realized it was an elevator, but where did it lead to?

The male at my right then turned to face me, before unravelling the rope around my wrist, and then removing the tape across my mouth.

I winced in pain along with a short yelp, grabbing my burning skin.

"Oh, sorry!" He exclaimed before pulling off his black mask, only to reveal his well built face and glowing beige skin.

The other then did the same, his certainly lovely appearance now in full view also.

"I'm Kim Seokjin." The lighter skinned, dark haired boy said before shaking my hand.

"H...Hi....I'm Y\\N.....mind to tell me what's going on?" I snapped, and he frowned slightly.

"You'll see..we're almost at the ground floor actually." He stated with a bright grin and I furrowed my brows at him.

"I'm Kim Namjoon by the way." The other said with a smile.

Finally, we heard  a loud beep, before the doors glided open, revealing a place that seemed out of this world.

My breath hitched for a moment, my eyes widening in awe.

"W....What place is this....." I slurred, and they lightly chuckled at my shocked reaction.

The floors were covered in spotless, white tiles, and holographic screens and large computers stood at every corner.

The room looked endless as countless people dressed in professional, black suits strolled around the large space.

"Ah, Y\\N, so glad to finally meet you!" A middle aged woman greeted, a pleasant smile upon her face as she shook my hand.

"I....Ummm...H-Hi.....where...where am I exactly..?" I muttered, staring at every inch of the large place.

"Welcome to Busan's Spy Company!" She explained happily, and I almost choked on my own spit.

"Did I just hear, spy company?" I asked and she nodded.

She led me into the room, a wave of freezing air condition breeze engulfing me, giving me instant goosebumps.

The two men continued along their own way, but my parents joined us.

"Mom? Dad? What are you two doing here!" I then blurted, my eyes widening. So much was happening at once that it was all so difficult to process.

"Y\\N, dear, your father and I were assistant managers of this spy company when we were younger, and so, we decided that its time you joined the business." They explained, stepping closer to me.

"What are you trying to say?" I scoffed, moving back a bit.

"We....we want you to become a spy..." My mom said.

"Me? A spy? No way! I can't even participate in a gymnastic competition further more for this!" I yelled, my heart thumping with agitation.

My mom grasped my hand, squeezing it lovingly.

"Y\\N....its gonna be just fine. Please....just give it a shot...for us." She said lowly, hope lacing her hazel orbs.

I huffed a loud sigh.

"I'll do it....." I muttered, and they all embraced me tightly.

"Time for the tour!" The well dressed woman exclaimed.

"So this is the device room. All of the cool and techy gadgets are made and stored in here." The woman, who had earlier introduced herself as Miss 'Hana' explained.

Suddenly, my interest and curiosity perked up, a little smile tugging upon my lips.

She scanned her fingerprint on the metal door, before it opened, revealing the amazing room.

There was a single, white, marbled counter at the center, and the walls were lined with endless shelves of various devices and high tech gadgets.

"Oh, good night Miss Hana! I see you have company!" A deep, male voice exclaimed, and that's when I laid my  eyes upon the male who was busily searching for something on a bottom shelf.

He stood, approaching us, before repositioning his rounded glasses, pushing a strand of his peachy pink hair out of his face.

"Yes, Taehyung, meet Y\\N, and Y\\N, meet Taehyung, the one who creates all of these awesome stuff." Miss Hana said, beaming at us both as the taller boy shyly smiled, shaking my hand.

"So nice to meet you Y\\N." He said, not letting his sweet smile fade.

I returned the gesture and bowed.

"Its so cool that you can actually make all of this stuff! You truly have some talent!" I complimented and he blushed lightly.

"Its nothing, really." He brushed it off, waving a hand in front of me.

"Y\\N is our new spy at the company, so please take her to her room, and her trainer would be assigned to her the first thing in the morning." Miss Hana instructed to the boy who nodded and grinned.

Maybe I could actually grow to like this place.