12

I sat on my bed that night, with a pounding heart and sweaty palms, remembering that my first mission is tomorrow.

Although I was confident about it, I was  still extremely nervous, and obviously a bit worried.

What if we were to fail because of me? What if I were to put us at risk, or endanger us?

I pushed the thoughts away, sighing out the tension as my shoulder slumped.

I was going to do well.

Just then, I heard a light knock at my door, and so I replied with a gentle 'come in'

It was Jimin.

"Oh..Hey.." I said with a warm smile, covering up my confusion and wonder, his refreshing, bold, sweet scent overpowering the atmosphere.

"Hey Y\\N....how are you feeling about tomorrow?" He questioned lowly and calmly, taking a seat next to me on my bed's ledge.

I thought for a moment.

"Nervous?" He added, a little smirk tugging on his lips.

"I guess so.....I hope I don't mess up my first mission.." I  replied, pouting a bit.

"You'll do well. I promise. And I'll be right there with you." He comforted.

I never saw him this nice and sweet before. I actually noticed the true genuineness and emotion deep within his dark orbs, and somehow, it soothed me greatly.

I couldn't help but smile warmly. My gratitude was embedded in my smile.

"What's the golden rule again?" He asked jokingly, trying to lighten the mood as I chuckled.

"To always put the citizens first." I dragged and he nodded 'proudly'

"Relax Y\\N. Stop being so tense." He calmed, placing his hand on my shoulder causing me to stiffen with fluttering butterflies, my cheeks beaming red.

"This is weird..." I muttered.

"What is?"

"You're...you're being...nice." I replied as he used his hand to support his chin, staring into my eyes as if he knew I realized his 'kindness' was a facade.

He chuckled lowly, and teasingly that goosebumps lined my skin.

"Goodnight Y\\N." He stated before leaving my room, his tensing presence now gone.

I did have feelings for him, but he made me feel so nervous, with endless butterflies.

His kindness could've never been true. Not even once.